This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 22, 2019 at 10:05 am

marcoA-14

I am trying to: Apply WooCommerce Multilingue who asks me that it should be used in combination with :
WPML String Translation and WPML Translation Management

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: try to book this apartment:

hidden link

I expected to see: the order confirmation

Instead, I got: total crash of the website

I´m getting this info from the automatic wordpress email tool:

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 494 of the file /home/thunderocean/public_html/bnb/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/class-wcml-cart.php. Error message: Call to undefined method WC_Product_Hotel_Room::set_name()

.. i´ve contacted the author he asks me to contact either woocommerce or wpml, i´ve asked woocommerce and the asked me to contact you.. hope you can help me up

Thank you
Marco

May 22, 2019 at 12:33 pm #3865421

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Marco,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you tell me if you have some more information from the theme author, please? Did he check everything on the plugins side to make sure that everything is compatible with WPML? I'm asking this because the plugin is advertised as being compatible with our plugins but the authors didn't work with our compatibility team to make sure that everything is working fine between our products.
I had a look at this error and tried to see what's the source of the issue but I couldn't find what's causing it. Can you deactivate all the plugins except for WPML and WooCommerce, active a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), translate a simple product (from here hidden link) and see if you still have this problem when trying to place an order, please? This way we can see if the problem comes from our plugins.

Thanks,
Radu

May 22, 2019 at 2:09 pm #3866465

marcoA-14

Hello,

"The disabling" process was made by the author, and pluggin that is causing the error is the "wpml string translation" when enabled the site crashes on booking a room, if i have another option to translate the checkout PT/EN without this pluggin for me it´s ok, but i need both languages to sell the rooms..

Thank you
Marco

May 23, 2019 at 8:19 am #3872461

Radu
Supporter

Hey Marco,

Can you add this code:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );
define( 'CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false );
define( 'WP_CACHE', false );

to the wp-config.php file, please? I just tried to activate the String Translation plugin (not book a room) and the website already triggered the message that there's a problem. In this case, I think that there's another error that appears. Adding this code will show the error message too (and I'll be able to check things a bit closer).

Thanks,
Radu

May 23, 2019 at 4:04 pm #3877817

marcoA-14

Hello Radu,

Yes, that is happening when activating that pluggin, i have added that code to the bottom of my wp-config.php file and now error 500 all the time.

Thank you
Marco

May 24, 2019 at 10:56 am #3883745

Radu
Supporter

Hey Marco,

Can you send me a duplicator package for your website so I can create a copy of your website and be able to share it with my colleague. Just because an error appears when a plugin is activated doesn't mean that he's the one that's causing the issue. After a lot of tests, I think that one of the plugins that you're using is making some changes in the way that WooCommerce works and this is not working with our plugins. This is why a copy of your website will help me investigate some more about this and see what's going on.
Here's an article where you can find some more details about how you can provide me the duplicator package https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Radu

May 25, 2019 at 2:55 pm
May 29, 2019 at 8:16 am #3912921

Radu
Supporter

Hey Marco,

Can you create again the duplicator package, please? I'm asking for this because I tried to use it but I keep getting an error that the database connection is not working so I'm thinking that maybe something went wrong while creating the package. So please create it again and send it to me.

Thanks,
Radu

June 3, 2019 at 6:00 pm
June 5, 2019 at 1:05 pm #3960717

Radu
Supporter

Hey Marco,

I managed to use the archive you last send to me. I checked this out in order to see if I can find why is this happening but it seems that this is a compatibility issue between our plugin and the Iver theme. The problem seems to be coming from the iver-core plugin. In this case, please reach out the theme authors and ask them to check the compatibility of their product with the WPML plugin. Also, you can suggest them to check this page https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/ and contact us to work with our compatibility team. This way, we'll work together to make sure that everything works fine between the Iver theme and WPML.

Thanks,
Radu

June 10, 2019 at 6:43 am #3985415

Radu
Supporter

Hey Marco,

I wanted to give you a small update on this. I reported this compatibility issue to my colleagues too so they can check this out and see if there's anything we can do from our plugin side. We'll try to reach out the theme authors too, if needed. I'll keep you posted about the progress we're making on this as soon there's any update.

Regards,
Radu

June 25, 2019 at 4:22 pm #4086189

marcoA-14

Dear Radu,

Could you please give us the actual status of this issue, please?

Thank you
Marco

June 26, 2019 at 11:34 am #4092113

Radu
Supporter

Hey Marco,

I don't have any new update about this issue. All I know is that one of my colleagues started looking at this. I created a new installation with minimal environment - only WPML, the Iver theme (and its required plugins) -, imported the demo data and the issue appears like in your website. This is all I can tell you for now. I will keep you posted about any other progress we're making on this.

Thanks,
Radu

June 27, 2019 at 10:58 am #4099381

Radu
Supporter

Hey Marco,

My colleagues checked this out and this is the solution you can try. Please copy the following code:

public function set_name( $name ) {
	$this->set_prop( 'name', $name );
}

to the class-wc-product-qodef.php file (after line 21) located in the wp-content/plugins/iver-checkout/payment folder. Can you try this out and tell me how it works, please?

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Error 500’ is closed to new replies.