This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ryan 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
April 11, 2019 at 5:20 pm #3591189

Ryan

I am trying to: Access the WordPress dashboard.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The WordPress dashboard.

Instead, I got: A blank white page in Firefox and a error 500 in Chrome.

April 11, 2019 at 6:35 pm #3592081

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Before a more detailed look, please, try this basic troubleshooting:

1 - Make sure your server environment meets our minimum requirements as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/, you can see your current values at your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Info menu.

2 - Disable all the plugins and try to enable only the WPML related ones from your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and see if the issue is gone, if so, activate one plugin at a time untill the culprit one is found.

3 - If the issue persists, temporary change to a default WordPress theme such as the 'TwentySeventeen' theme from your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes menu.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know if the steps above help to fix your issue. Have a nice day.

April 16, 2019 at 11:56 am #3621785

Ryan

I disabled all the plugins, then reactivated each to confirm what plugin was causing the issue, which was the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin. When looking at the hosting of the website I saw PHP 5.6 was being used, so we upgraded it to 7.2 which seems to have fixed the issue.