This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bettyG 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 3:46 am #3911627

bettyG

I'm trying to change the domain of my site from dev.dqpaoc.org to dqpaoc.org
I'm using different domain per language.
The default language is French on dqapdc.org.
I changed the url on the WordPress settings and WPML settings. French is working fine so far.
But English dqpaoc.org is having an Error 500 for all the assets.
I didn't physically moved the files. Just changed the root folder for each domain.
dqapdc.org: through the cPanel
dqpaoc.org: through the htaccess file.

May 29, 2019 at 3:22 pm #3916861

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

We need to see exactly the error, so please enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Browse to the page with the issue and/or reproduce the issue.

Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

May 30, 2019 at 1:54 pm #3923517

bettyG

May 30, 2019 at 1:56 pm #3923529

bettyG

I found the problem. In the htaccess file, I had kept some of the old code that was creating a conflict with the new root folder code. Removing the old code fixed everything.

May 30, 2019 at 1:57 pm #3923533

bettyG

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!