This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
March 14, 2019 at 8:53 pm

yangW

I am trying to: Update my plugin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Kannastar.store

I expected to see: My website

Instead, I got: Error 500 page

Everytime i try to udpate my WPML plugin, my website is then down and only a error 500 page is accessible. I've lost already 3000 USD of orders from my customers today thanks to that bug !

March 15, 2019 at 3:42 pm #3355257

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Sorry for the inconveniences you had updating your product. Could you please provide me with your FTP details to activate the Debugging and restore your shop if this happens to me also?

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

Kind Regards
Marcel

March 15, 2019 at 5:14 pm
March 18, 2019 at 4:23 pm #3371551

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I see that you have already all the updates active. Was this now handled from the Automatticc support (WP.com)? The problem is I can't fix your problem on WP.Com, because I can't access over FTP. When I will try to debug your site, and the error 500 occurs only the WP.Com support can bring your site back online. So you will lose money again until they answer you.

So, is your actual update problem, or is this occurring whenever we release a new version?

If no we need to find a way to coordinate a timeframe together with Automatticc support, that they can fix your site fast if something goes wrong.

How should we handle this?

Thank you
Kind Regards
Marcel