This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gildaD 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
March 27, 2018 at 8:45 pm

gildaD

Hello
I've seen a lot of conversations about the problem "Requested the limit of 10 internal redirects two to probable configuration error." Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. "Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace." but none from a definitive and valid solution in each case.
I have the same problem but in a very strange way.
A year ago I started preparing a site for one of my clients in one of my sub-domains. We call it SITE A (hidden link). There are 4 language: italian (default) | english | french | spanish.
During the year I had to change the graphic theme and other things, and I created copies of SITE A in my other subdomains - same server - for testing. Never had this problem with error 500 caused by "Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error."
A month ago, SITE A was complete and I copied SITE A with UpdraftPlus Migration to the Client server = SITE B. The problem was "Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. LimitInternalRecursion 'to increase the limit if necessary. Use' LogLevel debug 'to get a backtrace. " and it was not possible to solve it. We thought it was a server problem.
My client purchased a host at my hosting provider and on the same SITE A server. Same settings, same as everything, but on SITE B, in new server, the Problem 500 appeared for "Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable" configuration error Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace. "
It must be said that if from the Dashboard of SITE B I clean the Nginx Cache, updating the page that first on the frontend gave error 500, now it is immediately displayed.
There is to be mad.
Could it be a DNS conflict problem? Because this problem always appeared after changing the DNS of the destination domain.
After a year of work, I still can not get my job paid ...
Do you have a solution?
For me it is very urgent.
Thanks Thanks a lot
Gilda

March 29, 2018 at 12:57 am #1559607

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Does the error 500 happen once WPML is enabled ?

What are your results when

1. WPML and its add-on plugins are deactivated ?

2.

-Back up your site first
-Deactivate all non WPML related plugins (Keep WPML activated now )
-Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Fourteen.
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with wich one there is an interaction issue

Let me know your results please.

March 29, 2018 at 10:08 am #1559903

gildaD

Hello
Without WPML the problem does not occur

There are many plugins that seem to come into conflict, too many:
- All-in-One Event Calendar by Time.ly
- All-in-One Event Calendar Extended Views by Time.ly
- CONTACT FORM 7
- EU COOKIE LAW
- GIVE
- MAILPOET
- CALAMEO

With the Twenty Fourteen theme, the problem does not exist

As with Language URL format > Language name added as a parameter the error problem 500 does not occur, and I will use this option.

We have also lost too much time behind this problem: we can no longer spend more time, so we choose Language name added as a parameter and manually fix the slug inside the many buttons of the site. It is done first and Language name added as a parameter works well.

Thanks for the attention.
If in the future you will be able to solve it better: proof is enough.