Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
March 23, 2022 at 2:06 pm

tomasA-11

Hi as soon as I active WPML I get repeating errors in the console. It seems to be something calling the api and fails. When editing a product the errors comes repeatedly as you see on the image.

March 23, 2022 at 4:01 pm
March 23, 2022 at 4:33 pm #10860139

tomasA-11

Hi, we had a long thread here.
The last instructions was to do some tests, I have done them now.
It is still the same error.

transmanagement.PNG
March 24, 2022 at 9:18 am #10864707

tomasA-11

Now the question if the site is moved or copied showed up.
That was one of the things that the WPML support wanted to happen during our chat-support session.
So what should we do now?

sitemoved.PNG
March 24, 2022 at 9:21 am #10864737

tomasA-11

Some more info of the above.
I moved the site from houseofmotorsport.com to try WPML at a stageing site.
First I moved the site, and then I installed WPML, so I'm not really sure what I should choose here.

March 24, 2022 at 12:30 pm #10867439

tomasA-11

Hi, I think have solved the errors in the console.
I studied the a little bit deeper and it seemed like it was a URL problem, knowing that I could google the problem in an accurate way and ended up here:

hidden link

(It seems like you have moved lots of helpful questions in your support forum, luckily they are still availble in Google Cache, please try to solve this since its lots of valuable content).

Anyway this helped!
Is this an ok solution? Is this a known problem?
Why does this occur on my site?

resturl.PNG
March 26, 2022 at 1:22 pm #10882743

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

1) This page is actually live: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wordpress-rest-api-url-seems-rewritten-for-main-languages/

some pages are archived because they weren't really useful and were super old, however when you see those pages, request unarchiving and we will check them and see if they are actually useful. if they are they will be unarchived.

This is an odd situation, i know, but it's done because a lot of people were trying solutions that were super outdated and ended up breaking theit sites. this problem will take a while to solve but we are filtering the good content from the bad one so we can then have only the good ones available.

--------------------

About the notification mentioned in https://wpml.org/forums/topic/error-activating-wpml-3/#post-10864707

that will appear when you migrate your site and until you do not select one of the 2 options, you won't be able to correctly use the advanced translation editor.

- the first option (i moved the site...) is meant to be used when the site will be migrated as-is to another place.

- The second option ( this is a copy...) is meant to be used when you have a copy of the site that you'll end up throwing away afterwards (as in a temp site that is used to check for a bug and that's it).

these options will determine what will happen with the translation memory and the pay as you go subscription (the first option will migrate it to that new site and the second will just clone the content without the pay as you go membership)

--------------------------

About this issue: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/error-activating-wpml-3/#post-10867439

it should not be a normal situation IF you're using WPML 4.5.5, because this situation was fixed in WPML 4.4.9.

However, it's very likely that what you have is this: https://wpml.org/errata/having-an-html-file-as-a-root-page-can-prevent-translation-tools-or-automatic-translation-tabs-from-loading/ (i can see it's your case from having taken a look at your settings)

it's a known issue and we are working to resolve it but your workaround can work in the meantime.

Regards.

March 28, 2022 at 6:42 pm #10896395

tomasA-11

Thanks Alejandro for you support, very helpful answers!

March 29, 2022 at 1:01 pm #10902395

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

It's always a pleasure to be able help :).

Can you confirm that now everything's clear and the problem is solved? i sent your workaround to our devs as well just to have an alternative to our workaround while the problem is being solved.

Regards.