This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 17, 2019 at 9:29 am

alvaroP-15

En la respuesta #4524763 que comenta Carlos Rojas para solucionar que se vea los idiomas en el top bar del tema Avada es actualizar WPML. Al actualizar WPML dio error y dejó inoperativa la web. Para solucionarlo tuvimos que renombrar los plugins de WPML a través de FTP con un "_" al principio.

Si quitamos ese "_" la web queda inoperativa.
Si activamos el modo debug para ver el error da el siguiente error (Adjunto foto)

Por favor solucionar esto, ya que, queremos que funcione correctamente WPML y también tener los idiomas en el top bar como ya comenté en anteriores hilos y también en este en concreto #4524763

September 17, 2019 at 10:32 pm #4591215

alvaroP-15

Por favor... han pasado más de 13horas sin respuesta.

September 17, 2019 at 11:57 pm #4591299

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I hope you don´t mind if I write in English as I saw from your previous posts that you use this as a working language as well.

1. Language switcher in top bar
Previously, you had created a custom language switcher that appeared in the top bar of Avada. This is no longer the supported/recommended way to integrate/create custom language switchers.

The recommended way to do this is to use the WPML API action call as described in this documentation:
https://wpml.org/wpml-hook/wpml_add_language_selector/

In either case, the call to your function or to the hook had to be integrated into the following theme file:
../avada/templates/header-secondary.php (see image).

And this modification should have been done in a child theme. My guess is that an upgrade to the theme files had wiped out the call. I have gone ahead and reincorporated a custom language call into the required place.

You should then read this article to get the custom language switcher to look exactly as you want:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/

2. Error messages
The errors resulted from mixing the versions of WPML CMS and other modules. One was at the latest release and the others were old versions. I updated the String Tanslation and Translation Management modules and now everything is active and no errors are appearing.

I hope this resolves your issues.

The topic ‘[Closed] Error al actualizar WPML’ is closed to new replies.