Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 17, 2019 at 9:29 am

alvaroP-15

En la respuesta #4524763 que comenta Carlos Rojas para solucionar que se vea los idiomas en el top bar del tema Avada es actualizar WPML. Al actualizar WPML dio error y dejó inoperativa la web. Para solucionarlo tuvimos que renombrar los plugins de WPML a través de FTP con un "_" al principio.

Si quitamos ese "_" la web queda inoperativa.
Si activamos el modo debug para ver el error da el siguiente error (Adjunto foto)

Por favor solucionar esto, ya que, queremos que funcione correctamente WPML y también tener los idiomas en el top bar como ya comenté en anteriores hilos y también en este en concreto #4524763

September 17, 2019 at 10:32 pm #4591215

alvaroP-15

Por favor... han pasado más de 13horas sin respuesta.

September 17, 2019 at 11:57 pm #4591299

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

I hope you don´t mind if I write in English as I saw from your previous posts that you use this as a working language as well.

1. Language switcher in top bar
Previously, you had created a custom language switcher that appeared in the top bar of Avada. This is no longer the supported/recommended way to integrate/create custom language switchers.

The recommended way to do this is to use the WPML API action call as described in this documentation:
https://wpml.org/wpml-hook/wpml_add_language_selector/

In either case, the call to your function or to the hook had to be integrated into the following theme file:
../avada/templates/header-secondary.php (see image).

And this modification should have been done in a child theme. My guess is that an upgrade to the theme files had wiped out the call. I have gone ahead and reincorporated a custom language call into the required place.

You should then read this article to get the custom language switcher to look exactly as you want:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/

2. Error messages
The errors resulted from mixing the versions of WPML CMS and other modules. One was at the latest release and the others were old versions. I updated the String Tanslation and Translation Management modules and now everything is active and no errors are appearing.

I hope this resolves your issues.

The topic ‘[Closed] Error al actualizar WPML’ is closed to new replies.