This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by walidh 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 16, 2019 at 11:47 am

walidh

I am trying to:translate layout from English to Arabic but I got Error "404 page not found"

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:click on footer home page Arabic to see the error

I am using this theme: https://wpml.org/theme/electro/

I am having trouble with WPML configuration. Somehow I am getting blank pages everywhere in the frontend. Can you help?

July 16, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4221075

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

1. I am not sure that I fully understand what exact steps have you taken. Can you please let me know if you already translated the homepage by following the steps here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#how-to-translate-pages-posts-and-custom-posts

2. If you already did that, can you please help me login into the backend of the site? I tried to use the credentials that you shared with me but they don't work (please check the screenshot I attached).

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

July 16, 2019 at 2:51 pm
July 16, 2019 at 4:45 pm #4222475

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that the updated credentials work.

I am at the end of my shift at the moment but I will get back to you tomorrow after I spend some time on your site.

I will also leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

July 17, 2019 at 11:46 am #4229637

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your patience.

From what I can see, the homepage works fine in both languages (EN and arabic - hidden link).

Can you please let me know what is the exact page that you are having trouble with?

If you can share a link, that would be perfect.

Kind regards,
Mihai

July 17, 2019 at 6:13 pm #4232905

walidh

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!