This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
September 4, 2019 at 7:10 am

maxP-8

Hello,

I have had the domain wokgas.com within a multisite and I moved it somewhere else. But now the WPML cannot register anymore. I am unable to press the button to deregister WPML, or better, it doesn't do anything at all. I tried clearing cache and all, but still no luck. Is there any way to deregister and register this domain again?

On the screenshot attached you can see the query from the database, I hope this is helping.

Please let me know what I can do

Kind regards,
Raymond

September 4, 2019 at 8:55 am
September 4, 2019 at 8:55 am #4509475

maxP-8

Do I need to clone the multisite? Or just the single site?

September 4, 2019 at 8:56 am #4509477

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Please let me know once the migration is complete.

Kind regards
Raja

September 4, 2019 at 8:57 am #4509507

maxP-8

Do I need to clone the multisite? Or just the single site?

September 4, 2019 at 10:53 am #4510263

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Please Clone the single site which has the issue.

September 4, 2019 at 11:58 am #4510617

maxP-8

Migration is complete, could only do the whole network as the plugin only allows for being network active. Hope this is ok

September 5, 2019 at 11:03 am #4518611

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

FYI, I haven't forgotten about this, I am still working on this. I will update you once I have something to share with you.

September 6, 2019 at 6:35 am #4523465

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I am having issues with the migrated site. checking with the cloudways support for a resolution. I will keep you posted with further updates.

September 6, 2019 at 7:56 am #4523869

maxP-8

OK, i am waiting 🙂
Many thanks

September 6, 2019 at 9:55 am #4524585

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Finally, I could identify the issue.
It seems you have Network activated WPML plugin which is causing the issue.

WPML registration works for each site.

- Go to My sites > Network Admin > Plugins
- Network Deacive WPML and its add on plugins
- Open the workgas dashboard goto plugin list Activate WPML plugin
- Click Register under WPML, From the installer screen Unregister the plugin, this should work now
- Now You can re-register a new site key.

I hope this helps you better. Let me know if you need further assistance.

September 6, 2019 at 11:08 am #4524975

maxP-8

Hi Raja,

thanks for reaching out. However, I cannot see a network activated plugin at all. Please see the screenshot attached. To which network active plugin are you referring to?

Kind regards,
Raymond

September 9, 2019 at 8:17 am #4534523

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Please enable super admin access for my username (i think its already enabled), Remove any restriction for my user account,
I am unable to access the Network plugin page it's returning 404 not found error.

Since you have mentioned WPML is not network activated,
- Deactivate Ultra WordPress Admin, and WPML plugins. Remove WPML plugins from works,
- Download a fresh copy of WPML Multilingual CMS from your wpml account https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- Activate only the WPML core plugin
- Click register, If the status still stays registered "repeat" the re-registration process

Check if you could get the unregistered status this time. let me know the results.

September 12, 2019 at 8:51 am #4559483

maxP-8

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I have tried most of your steps, but I cannot get a result. Can you please tell me how I can "repeat" the registration process when I am not unregistered? Disabling, deleting and reinstalling didn't work unfortunately.

I could give you access for a brief period, but prefer not to. As it is my clients site (who is paying for the advanced editor by the way), I cannot have it go offline at all. Nor does he want to share his information..

Please let me know what to do

Best regards,
Raymond

September 13, 2019 at 4:29 am #4565527

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

- Make sure WPML is not network activated.

- Unregister WPML from the site, go to: Plugins >> Add New Plugin >> Commercial Tab >> Unregister WPML from this site.

- After that remove the keys for this site in your WPML Account

- Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.

- Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will just delete the plugin files from your "wp-content/plugins" folder, all your data will be kept saved.

- Again register WPML in your site and enter the new key:
Please Login to your WPML account >> go to Sites page >> Remove your current site/domain from there >> and re-add your site >> it will give you New key which you can add back in your site: https://wpml.org/account/sites/

If you are still stuck it would be better if you can grant Network access to my login to help you better.