This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by canayY 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 9, 2019 at 1:10 pm #3776295

canayY

Whenever I try to make multiple changes to the database in quick succession - I lose connection to the database.

I have spoken to my host (cloudways - a reputable host) on multiple occasions - they say everything is fine on the server.

This happens whenever WPML has to make multiple queries. As an example, this morning, I added a set of global attributes for products in woocommerce. When I clicked "copy to all languages" for each of these individual attribute values (e.g. 500mg, 100mg, 200mg for an Attribute of "Strength") in quick succession - the database connection was lost.

Now, I am using a bulk editor - WOOBE - chosen purely because it is advertised as WPML compatible - to add these values to products, and edit the product Title afterwards. If I do anything too quickly, I lose connection to the database. Query monitor is telling me this is caused by WPML.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 502 ()

message: "mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2002): Connection refused"
stack: Array(13)
0: "mysqli_real_connect()"
1: "WPML_Element_Translation->maybe_populate_cache()"
2: "WPML_Element_Translation->element_id_in()"
3: "SitePress->get_object_id()"
4: "wpml_object_id_filter()"
5: "icl_object_id()"
6: "apply_filters('translate_object_id')"
7: "WCML_Store_Pages->translate_pages_in_settings()"
8: "apply_filters('option_woocommerce_myaccount_page_id')"
9: "get_option()"
10: "WC_Query->get_endpoints_mask()"
11: "WC_Query->add_endpoints()"
12: "do_action('init')"
length: 13

May 10, 2019 at 12:31 pm #3784203

canayY

I think the caching by breeze plugin was causing this. Overall site performance seems improved now that I have disabled it.