Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
May 13, 2019 at 7:09 pm #3801297

quidoD

Iam getting a error while updating the plugin

Schermafbeelding 2019-05-13 om 10.18.02.png
May 14, 2019 at 11:54 am #3806529

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @quidod, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Please try these steps to update manually:
- Install this plugin (it will speed up the update process): https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/
- Download the lastest versions from here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- Upload the zip files to Plugins > All plugins
- Activate the plugins

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

May 14, 2019 at 12:05 pm #3806565

quidoD

Iam not that tech guy also iam not at home at this moment. Can you please do it before i do something wrong.

Thanks!

May 14, 2019 at 5:16 pm #3809481

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

Sure, I can update the plugins for you. however, I will need also the FTp credentials, so if anything goes wrong, I will be able to disable the plugin using FTP.

I enabled the private field, please send us the WP credentials + FTP credentials.

IMPORTANT: Please backup your site first before making any change, this is important for security reasons.

Kind regards,
Diego

May 21, 2019 at 5:59 pm #3857943

quidoD

[content removed]

i didnt make a backup because i dont know how and i cant really acces a private pc at this moment.

Thanks!

May 22, 2019 at 12:54 pm #3865747

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks, I tried to login on ugx-shop.com/wp-admin but I get a 404 error.

For security reasons, I also need the FTP credentials. It anything goes wrong on the update, the site can go offline. With the FTP credentials we will be able to disable the plugins so the website will be back online.

Please use the private field to send us the credentials. The backup is also required, because if anything goes wrong, you will be able to restore it.

Kind regards,
Diego

May 25, 2019 at 2:51 pm #3889583

quidoD

its hidden link

May 27, 2019 at 12:21 pm #3897043

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you. But unfortunately the credentials not worked (see screenshot).

However, these are the WordPress credentials (which I need as well). What I also need it the FTP credentials, please check this link:
- hidden link
- hidden link

You can find the FTP host and credentials on the dashboard of your hosting (if not, please check with the hosting support). With the FTP credentials, I will be able to manage the files on your server using a FTP client.

Important: Please use the private field to send the WordPress and FTP credentials.

Kind regards,
Diego

s51.png
May 28, 2019 at 4:10 pm #3908781

quidoD

for the admin its
hidden link

[content removed]

May 30, 2019 at 12:27 am #3919233

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you. These are the WordPress credentials and they worked. However, I still need the FTP credentials, which is a different thing. Please check these links:
- hidden link
- hidden link

If you want, I can update for you using only the WordPress credentials. However, there is a small chance that an error will occur during the upgrade and the site will go offline, which can be fixed using the FTP credentials.

Do you have a backup of the website and authorize me to do the upgrade, even without the FTP credentials? In this case, I can not be held responsible if an error occurs during the update, or if the site is temporarily offline.

Kind regards,
Diego

The topic ‘[Closed] Error fix’ is closed to new replies.