This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.39 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
April 10, 2019 at 9:59 am #3574583

edK

I am trying to: Translate a page with a page carousel (suggestion of other relevant pages). After the translation the carousel displays: {"status":"Nothing found"} I used ATE for translation.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see: Functional carousel with translated pages.

Instead, I got: {"status":"Nothing found"}

April 10, 2019 at 11:50 am #3575619

edK

The migration is now completed.

April 12, 2019 at 8:19 am #3596173

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

the issue happens because you have restricted the post to a category, which is not translated.
I tried to manually change the taxonomy id in the shortcode and the issue doesn't happen anymore.
See here: hidden link

I need to do a couple more tests to see which is the best way to manage this.

April 12, 2019 at 3:14 pm #3600167

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

I would need some information from you.
If I set "posts" as data sources for your grid, I can't see anything returned, if I set it to "pages" I see stuff.
But pages don't have categories, plus the category ETELÄ-SUOMI has no posts in it from what I can see, so how does exactly this grid work?

April 12, 2019 at 5:02 pm #3600773

edK

Sure 🙂

You are correct, the Data Grid is working with pages, not posts. I use a plugin called "Post Tags and Categories for Pages". This plugin allows setting categories for pages. If you go to any page (backend) you will see the category field there as well. For example:
hidden link

This page has a category ETELÄ-SUOMI. So this category is used for pages, not posts.

ETELÄ-SUOMI category is not translated at the moment. Should I translate it?

April 14, 2019 at 2:48 pm #3608193

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

thanks for the clarification. I think the issue is due this extra plugin, probably it doesn't work correctly with WPML.
I tested it in a fresh installation, without translating the category and as you can see it doesn't return the error but it doesn't show up correctly as well: hidden link

I'll ask for a second opinion. You may try to translate the category but I don't think it will help. Normal post grids return posts in the supposed language even if the category is not translated.

April 15, 2019 at 12:53 pm #3613541

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I did try a few other things but I couldn't reproduce your issue exactly nor manage to find a solution, so I escalated the ticket.
I'll let you have news as soon as possible.

April 15, 2019 at 6:05 pm #3615623

edK

Thank you! I will wait for your answer.

April 29, 2019 at 4:38 pm #3705637

edK

Hi Laura,

Do you have any news about above issue? I has been under review around 2 weeks already.

Thanks!

May 2, 2019 at 8:24 am #3722669

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

sorry for the delay. I don't have news yet, but we are working on it.

May 3, 2019 at 2:36 pm #3735503

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

the only workaround at the moment is to:

- open the English page where you have the error (in the front end)
- click on "edit page" from the admin bar
- click on "edit anyway" when asked in the pop up
- switch to default editor (not WP Bakery) if you aren't already using it
- search for a shortcode vc_basic_grid
- change the taxonomy number ID you see with the one of the category you need

Please let me know if this can work for you.

May 6, 2019 at 12:18 pm #3748219

edK

Hi,
I will give this a try, please give me some time.

May 6, 2019 at 1:52 pm #3749431

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

the tickets are automatically closed after some time, in case you need more time you can revisit it or open a new one later.

May 6, 2019 at 4:52 pm #3751315

edK

So I need to replace below id on the translated page with the equivalent on the original (Finnish) page?

id=grid_id="vc_gid:1555693650567-00c1aaf65a17f4daaa348aa1a82bc422-0

Is there a reason why this number is changing during the translation? Is this an error? Are you working on it to fix this?

I'm asking because it is really time consuming to do this manually for every single page, especially if I will have multiple different languages.

May 8, 2019 at 8:58 am #3764803

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

you need to edit this part:

taxonomies="226"

not the one you reported.

The one you reported is the single ID for WPBakery blocks, and it's expected to be different in original and translation because they are different blocks, not the same copied. Therefore, it's not an error.

I can agree it's not the optimal solution, but the problem is due to a combination of WPBakery and Post Tags and Categories for Pages so I don't know if it's possible for us to fix it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Error in page carousel after page translation {"status":"Nothing found"}’ is closed to new replies.