Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ian 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
March 20, 2013 at 5:06 am #113284

Ian

Hi
When I search for Essences or perfume in the search selector on the right hand sidebar I get an error

Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/beautyci/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php on line 7697

This error does not seem to affect the other categories. Any idea why?
Thanks
Ian

March 20, 2013 at 7:39 am #113305

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Ian,

It is difficult to troubleshoot the error without more information. If it does not happen with other categories then the question is what is different with this particular category?

Before we get into that however, can you please confirm that you are using the latest versions of WPML and its active add-ons (if using any)?

You can check the latest released versions under "My Account -> Downloads" on this site. If you need to update, instructions to update can be found here: http://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#2 Only backup your database first before you proceed! You can use a plugin for this if you like such as: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/

March 21, 2013 at 8:11 am #113667

Ian

Yes I am using the latest versions of WPML. There is no obvious difference in the category but there are several categories out of about 20 that are affected. It is weird.

March 21, 2013 at 8:51 am #113680

Ian

I think the reason is that the Translated category pages somehow got deleted on a database cleanup. I have recreated them and the issue has gone. Thanks for the insight 🙂