Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 31 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by reeceC-2 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Ilyes.

Author Posts
August 11, 2023 at 1:36 pm #14188855

reeceC-2

I am trying to: Translate

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: French and Chinese translations

Instead, I got: English

WPML URL field to translate issue.png
WPML URL field to translate issue ES.png
August 14, 2023 at 7:46 am #14195135

reeceC-2

Please can someone get back to me on this.

August 14, 2023 at 8:16 am #14195759

Ilyes
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-06:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML support team,

The first thing I noticed is that your WPML plugins are not up-to-date, please save a back of your site and then update our plugins to the latest version.

Then, I would like to ask for temporary access to your test site’s wp-admin and FTP to investigate the issue further.

Kindly provide me with the steps on how to replicate the problem.

If necessary, I may need to replicate your site locally. To do this, I will temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site, which will enable me to create a copy of your site and its content. Once the problem has been resolved, I will delete the local site. Please let me know if you agree to this.

It is important to note that you should back up your site and database before proceeding, and you can use a plugin like Duplicator for this purpose. Here’s a link to the plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If you do not see the form below, please do not enter your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:

hidden link

For your privacy and security, please ensure that you make your reply a private one.

Best regards,

August 14, 2023 at 11:43 am #14197027

reeceC-2

We have already shared the staging version of the website along with all the details on my previous ticket where we had the same issue.

August 15, 2023 at 9:21 am #14201973

Ilyes
Supporter

Hello,

I was able to log in to your staging site, and it turns out that that product is missing some translations, it is not 100% complete.

Please refer to these screenshots :

1- Translation Status is set as “needs update” : hidden link
2- If you try to open it in translation editor, you will see it is not complete : hidden link

The issue should be solved once the translations are 100% complete.

August 16, 2023 at 1:29 pm #14236201

reeceC-2

Hi, please would you check again, as we have updated the staging site with the most up to date info. Please would you run through this.

August 18, 2023 at 8:00 am #14250533

reeceC-2

Hi, I have sent this all through already

August 21, 2023 at 7:48 am #14260417

reeceC-2

Hi, I have shared the staging details already. Please would you go through this.

August 21, 2023 at 7:54 am #14260447

reeceC-2

Please would you use /gtx-mgr as the login url.

August 21, 2023 at 2:41 pm #14265079

reeceC-2

Can you please send another link for me to send the password.

August 21, 2023 at 2:47 pm #14265095

Ilyes
Supporter

Sure! Your next reply will be private 🙂

August 22, 2023 at 6:11 am #14267719

Ilyes
Supporter

Hello again,

On your staging site : hidden link

This page isn't completely translated in Chinese because the translation status is set as “Incomplete” : hidden link

When I opened it on the Translation Editor, multiple elements are missing translations : hidden link

A translated page will not entirely work if the translation is not 100% complete,

August 22, 2023 at 3:20 pm #14272577

reeceC-2

Hi, there are a lot of items that have come up for translations that we do not want to translate and they are not allowing us to complete translations. This can be seen in the backend on Products > Rails > German Translation.

August 23, 2023 at 1:43 pm #14278717

reeceC-2

Hi, please can you get back to me on this. We need to get a resolution.

August 24, 2023 at 7:43 am #14282327

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Ilyes is on leave today and will be back tomorrow, so I am helping you here today.

If you don't want to translate the text, I suggest you copy the same one to the translations and set it as complete, it's not possible to save the translations without completing all the available fields for translations.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.