Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Talha 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
April 11, 2013 at 9:47 am #118501

Talha

Hi

I recently moved wordpress to another domain and I had some minor issues that I was able to solve easily. They were primarily white spaces in the php files for WPML.

However this particular problem is difficult to solve and is only appearing for one user when they update a page or post. the following error is displayed upon clicking update:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/connect1/public_html/test/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php on line 1938

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/connect1/public_html/test/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php on line 1938

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/connect1/public_html/test/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php:1938) in /home/connect1/public_html/test/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

I have tried to find white spaces but I can't find any. I have added an argument that I found in this forum for this exact line.

Could you please check this? I might have solved it but it seems that the issue could still be present

I have disabled translation management plugin for now.

Regards,

Talha

April 11, 2013 at 9:59 am #118509

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Talha,

Can you please confirm that you are using the latest versions of WPML and its active add-ons (if using any)?
You can check the latest released versions under "My Account -> Downloads" on this site.

April 11, 2013 at 10:05 am #118511

Talha

Hi Sarah,

I just updated WPML and some of the add-ons which have been updated since last December yesterday.

Talha

April 11, 2013 at 1:10 pm #118574

sarah.n
Supporter

Talha,

I have send you an email requesting some further information that will help me assist you further.

April 12, 2013 at 6:11 am #118712

sarah.n
Supporter

Talha,

I have received your email reply with the details. Thank you.

The only thing is that the FTP password seems to be incorrect as I cannot login. Could you please kindly recheck this?

I would also need to know where exactly the error displays or what the steps are for me to take in order to see it.

Thank you!

April 12, 2013 at 9:58 am #118797

Talha

Sorry Sara,

I have sent you another set of details, please try those.

The error appears when you save/update a page. After I deactivated the translation management add-on, the error appears infrequently.

Talha

April 12, 2013 at 10:25 am #118809

sarah.n
Supporter

Thank you Talha, the new FTP details worked just fine. I enabled the Translation Management plugin and saved the first post you have there in English "The Essential Guide to International Domain Names" however I did not see the problem.

Granted that post is not yet translated to I tried to save your "Home" page which has been translated to some secondary languages. Again, I did not get the error.

If you notice it again, can you please note down the steps to replicate it?

April 12, 2013 at 10:39 am #118814

Talha

I receive a translation notification email every time someone saves a page with the translation management being turned on.

There seems to be an issue because there were a lot of white spaces in the php files for sitepress when I moved domain.

This is just the last of those issues it seems.

April 12, 2013 at 11:37 am #118836

sarah.n
Supporter

So, correct me if I'm wrong, the open issue is not the Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() but rather what you write here:

I receive a translation notification email every time someone saves a page with the translation management being turned on.

Is this right? Can you please forward me an example of this email?

April 12, 2013 at 11:43 am #118841

Talha

I am getting all those issues at the same.

I am also getting this error now:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_currentuserinfo() in /home/connect1/public_html/test/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php on line 1116

I have forwarded you an email with the translation job notification.

When I moved the site, I had lots of whites spaces in the files for sitepress multilingual CMS. I corrected those and updated but the problems still exist.

April 12, 2013 at 12:32 pm #118865

sarah.n
Supporter

Were exactly do you see this error please?

April 12, 2013 at 12:38 pm #118867

Talha

I saw it on the plugin uSquare when I was saving it.

I sorted it out by adding the following code before the line:

require(ABSPATH . WPINC . '/pluggable.php')
April 14, 2013 at 6:58 pm #119178

Talha

The string translation feature doesn't work too.

Could you please check that for me?

April 15, 2013 at 7:56 am #119273

sarah.n
Supporter

Talha,

I will be working on your ticket today. In order for me to be effective I would like to kindly ask you please to list each open issue clearly for me in your next reply.

If the issue is a php error I need to know where it displays. If it is only visible after a certain action I need to know the steps to replicate it.

I also would appreciate specific examples of issues that do not work as expected. For example in your last comment above you wrote:

The string translation feature doesn't work too.

This I'm afraid is a bit too general. Can you please elaborate on the issue by providing an example?

Please remember. The better a problem is described the faster I can be in troubleshooting it.

Thank you!

April 15, 2013 at 9:23 am #119308

Talha

Hi Sarah,

I will list all the issues clearly for you and hope that it all makes sense:

The php error occurs sometimes when you save a page/post. Please change some pages slightly and upon saving you will encounter that specific error.

I would ask you to login to our website and go through at least 5 pages where you should make a slight change and once you click update, you might encounter this error.

As for the string translation, I have input translations for a lot of strings but they do not display. For example, if you go to our string translation page, you will note that all translations for context "plugin LayerSlider" string "import" have been added. When you go to the layerslider page and change languages, you will note that the button for import doesn't change at all. This is also the case for the string "import sliders".

Please go through these issues and if you need any help or clarification, notify me and I will quickly provide you with the relevant information.