This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by davidH-59 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Author Posts
September 24, 2019 at 6:16 pm #4633405

davidH-59

I am trying to: My hosting is about to automatically upgrade the server PHP version from 7.2 to 7.3 and so they are warning users to 'test drive' 7.3 before the permanent upgrade.
so.. when I test drive on PHP 7.3 the admin dashboard seem to work fine but in the front end the site won't load and I get the following message (also can be seen in the attached screenshot ):
"Site error: the ionCube PHP Loader needs to be installed. This is a widely used PHP extension for running ionCube protected PHP code, website security and malware blocking. Please visit get-loader.ioncube.com for install assistance."

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

for now, I reverted back to PHP 7.2 so if you visit the site you won't see that error
but I contacted the hosting support team (WPENGINE support) and they told me 2 things:
1. Unfortunately, ioncube is not available with PHP 7.3
2. according to their scans and logs its seems that 'sitepress-multilingual-cms' seems to show a fatal error during the test for that plugin PHP 7.3 Compatibility

so... what are we going to do?
the hosting will automatically upgrade the server version during this October so this is kinda urgent

If it can help in any way, I can provide a WordPress admin access and server FTP access to an identical copy of my website (a duplication of my website) that seats on a staging environment so please let me know if it's relevant

September 24, 2019 at 7:26 pm #4633891

davidH-59

My issue is resolved now.
seems another plugin is causing this error and it's not WPML at all
Thank you!