Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
February 5, 2023 at 1:28 pm #12963079

dirk-michaelS

I recently contacted my hosting company (webgo) to redirect my domain (www.ibizaselect.com) to the German language version (www.ibizaselect.com/de). During this chat I was informed that there is a problem caused by the WPML plugin...

When trrying to access ibizaselect.com or hidden link the following error message is displayed:

Warning: include(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0 in /home/www/wordpress-ibizaselect/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/request-handling/redirection/wpml-rootpage-redirect-by-subdir.class.php on line 45

Warning: include(hidden link): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/www/wordpress-ibizaselect/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/request-handling/redirection/wpml-rootpage-redirect-by-subdir.class.php on line 45

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'hidden link' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/www/wordpress-ibizaselect/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/request-handling/redirection/wpml-rootpage-redirect-by-subdir.class.php on line 45

What can be done to solve this problem?

Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 14-19-21 https __www.ibizaselect.com.png
February 6, 2023 at 8:22 am #12965869

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

If you are using the hosting redirection, please try to go to WPML > Languages > Language URL Format section > Enable option:
- Different languages in directories
- Use directory for default language
- A page ( you might need to create a root page then) or HTML file path

Also, please turn off the browser redirect option in WPML > Languages > Browser language redirect > Disable browser language redirect.

While checking the debug info, I see that the WordPress Memory Limit is below the requirements. The minimum requirements are 128M, but we do recommend 256M and the debug information of your site shows it set to 40M. Please check this link for more details
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/.
You can increase it by adding the following code in your wp-config.php file, right before the /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */ line:

define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

After adding the code you can confirm that the memory was changed correctly from WPML > Support > WordPress > Memory limit.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

February 10, 2023 at 10:23 am #13005811

dirk-michaelS

Hello,
I have just modified the memory limit to 256 as maximum and 128 as minimum as suggested by you. It worked!!!
When I tried to follow your other recommendation (WPML > Languages > Browser language redirect > Disable browser language redirect), I got the impression that it was already turned off before... I have attached a screenshot in my WPML German version, however, I think that you will understand the setting, too. Is it correct now or do I have to modify anything else in this section?

WPML 6.jpg
February 13, 2023 at 1:49 am #13016145

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Yes, it is correct. Please read more on the documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/

Thanks

February 21, 2023 at 12:44 pm #13079069

dirk-michaelS

Sorry to bother you again and with delay, however, I was traveling last week!!!

I have done all mentioned recommendations, however, there is still a problem.

When you try to open "www.ibizaselect.com" or "ibizaselect.com", you will be redirected to a strange 404 page "hidden link".

And when you try to open "www.ibizaselect.com/de" or "ibizaselect.com/de", i.e. the default language version, the same problem occurs.

I have checked the actual settings of my hosting package, however, there is no redirection active.

February 22, 2023 at 2:58 am #13084165

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I do not see the issue with the site URL in the default language (German), please check this hidden link
(there is a domain message but I'm not sure what is the settings on your site/hosting)

Please try to re-save permalink settings (post name) to see if it helps. If not, can you please contact your hosting support to ask for help with this issue?

If they still do not resolve the issue, please ask them to remove the redirection in the hosting configuration and follow the documentation below to redirect the root page to the homepage in the default language by using a page template.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/directory-default-language/#redirect-the-root-domain-to-the-default-language-directory

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] ERROR MESSAGE’ is closed to new replies.