This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
Tagged: Install and update
|August 6, 2019 at 1:32 am|
I am trying to: Update plugins for WPML package
Take a look at the error displayed in wp admin:
Yet when you look at the plugins, everything seems to be fine:
During the update I did receive a 'plugin update failed message' for the plugins mentioned int he first link, but the numbers in plugin versions say otherwise.
Let me know what to do.
|August 6, 2019 at 7:02 am|
|August 6, 2019 at 7:48 am #4344767|
Languages: English (English )
Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)
Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Please make sure you have registered WPML in this site and then please go to WP Dashboard >> Plugins >> Add new >> Commercial tab >> and try to update plugins from there.
If still issue persists, please update manually every WPML plugin with the latest ones downloaded from your account page. Then don't forget to clean the browser and server cache, as this sometimes happens due to cache.
To do a manual update please follow these steps:
1. Backup your database – see for example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/
2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.
3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from your "wp-content/plugins" folder, NOT the database records.
4. Download the updated plugins from our servers (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/) and upload them to the plugin directory.
5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.
- We have another user who was able to solve the same issue like this (Summary at top):
|August 6, 2019 at 10:11 pm #4350665|
The solution through commercial tab worked but I had to run it 4 time before it got updated.