Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 26 of the file /wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/templates/wpml-twig-template-loader.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Class 'Twig_Loader_Filesystem' not found in /www/vivantica_823/public/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/templates/wpml-twig-template-loader.php:26

Solution: User was missing a file or a part of file in the main WPML plugin. Delete the current WPML Sitepress Multilingual CMS (deleting it won't delete your translations. Translations are in database.) Download a fresh copy from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ Install and activate.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tunde Maria Kovacs 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
September 24, 2019 at 9:22 pm #4634187

Tunde Maria Kovacs

I am trying to: have no error message

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: below

I expected to see: no error message

Instead, I got:Hi, after upldating WPML Multilingual CMS, I received this error message: Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.
In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WPML Multilingual CMS.
First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link) and check for any visible issues.
Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 26 of the file /www/vivantica_823/public/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/templates/wpml-twig-template-loader.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Class 'Twig_Loader_Filesystem' not found in /www/vivantica_823/public/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/templates/wpml-twig-template-loader.php:26
Stack trace:
#0 /www/vivantica_823/public/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/class-wpml-media-factory.php(17): WPML_Twig_Template_Loader->get_template()
#1 /www/vivantica_823/public/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php(144): WPML_Media_Factory->create()
#2 /www/vivantica_823/public/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php(92): WPML_Action_Filter_Loader->run_factory(Object(WPML_Media_Factory))
#3 /www/vivantica_823/public/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php(76): WPML_Action_Filter_Loader->load_factory(Object(WPML_Media_Factory))
#4 /www/vivantica_823/public/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cm

September 25, 2019 at 5:09 am #4635679

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

You are missing a file or a part of file in the main WPML plugin.
Delete the current WPML Sitepress Multilingual CMS (deleting it won't delete your translations. Translations are in database.)
Download a fresh copy from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
Install and activate.
Check the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

September 25, 2019 at 12:40 pm #4638815

Tunde Maria Kovacs

Hi, so deleting it won't affect in any way the live website and I just have to install the new one?

September 26, 2019 at 7:14 am #4643817

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

deleting it won't affect in any way the live website
- yes, but you do will not see the language switcher and translations until you install back.

Regards,

September 26, 2019 at 11:43 am #4646411

Tunde Maria Kovacs

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!