This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I see these warnings on my website:

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/u/u6114077/www/dev.ouryogashop/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/repositories.xml" in /home/u/u6114077/www/dev.ouryogashop/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php on line 825

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/u/u6114077/www/dev.ouryogashop/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/vendor/otgs/installer/repositories.xml" in /home/u/u6114077/www/dev.ouryogashop/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php on line 825

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/u/u6114077/www/dev.ouryogashop/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php:825) in /home/u/u6114077/www/dev.ouryogashop/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1196

Solution:
Delete the WPML plugins through FTP, and install them back (through FTP too). The issues is that some files were missing but everything went back to normal once installing the plugins though FTP.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 15, 2019 at 9:01 am #4399791

fredrikS-7

I am trying to: Just using the site

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: in admin area

I expected to see: Nothing unsusal 🙂

Instead, I got:

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/u/u6114077/www/dev.ouryogashop/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/repositories.xml" in /home/u/u6114077/www/dev.ouryogashop/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php on line 825

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/u/u6114077/www/dev.ouryogashop/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/vendor/otgs/installer/repositories.xml" in /home/u/u6114077/www/dev.ouryogashop/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php on line 825

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/u/u6114077/www/dev.ouryogashop/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php:825) in /home/u/u6114077/www/dev.ouryogashop/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1196

August 15, 2019 at 1:38 pm #4401179

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Fredrik,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you delete the WPML plugins through FTP, and install them back (through FTP too), please? It seems that other users that had the same warning as you managed to sort things out this way. The issues was that some files were missing but everything went back to normal once they installed the plugins though FTP. Can you give this a try and tell me how it goes, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 16, 2019 at 6:01 am #4404799

fredrikS-7

In fact - yesterday I just downloaded the CMS again and sent it thrue FTP to overwrite the old files (even if it was the same version) - and that solved the problem.

Thanks for answer!

It is now solved.

August 16, 2019 at 6:48 am #4404917

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Fredrik,

I'm glad to hear that everything is back to normal!

I will mark this ticket as resolved now. Please open a new ticket if you have any other issue or question that you need help with.

Wish you a fab one,
Radu