This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 18, 2019 at 2:01 pm

markH-10

Hello dear WPML Team!

I am trying to: Create a multilingual website with relevant menus for each language.

When I switch to any other page, except for the main one, I am getting a warning message instead of a menu.

I tried deactivating plugins and came to the conclusion that it's the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin. When deactivated I lose other languages, but I can normally switch in german menu.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

You start on the main page: hidden link
Then, you can change to any other page in the menu to see the issue, for example:
hidden link

I expected to see: normal menu with pages and other elements (please see the screenshots) for each of the languages (Russian, Englisch, german).

Instead, I got:

Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /home/kosmetik/public_html/wp-includes/nav-menu-template.php on line 261

This error message appears on every page. I can click on the logo to return to the main page where the menu is normally showed.

September 19, 2019 at 9:40 am #4603141

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Mark,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

First of all, I looked for the Jevelin theme on our WPML compatible themes list (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/). As you can see, this is not a part of the list so there might be some issues between these two.

I had a look at the theme and I could see that there's an option in Theme Settings → Header → Header Language Settings. This is an option added by the theme authors and it means that WPML is not the one that handles how the language switcher is added to the menu.

For now, in order to make the menu appear, you can go to wp-content/themes/jevelin/inc/headers folder, open the header-1.php file, and comment the $wrap .= jevelin_nav_wrap_lang(); line.

Since this is some code added on the theme, you should reach out the theme authors and ask them to have a look at this. You can pass my message to them so they can go right at the source of the issue.

Also, you can suggest them to apply for the Go Global program too (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/). They'll have to fill a form and then work with our compatibility team to test the Jevelin theme and make it fully compatible with WPML.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Error message in the menu section after switching the page’ is closed to new replies.