Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by herveH-2 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yuri.

Author Posts
February 1, 2018 at 1:33 pm #1504069

herveH-2

Good morning

after downloading and activating this plugins, here is the message that appear.

2018-02-01 13:26:163508 index wp_error wpml-config/config-index.json 1.code: http_request_failed
2.message: cURL error 35: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure

It's the first time that I see this kind of message.

Thank you for the solution

February 1, 2018 at 3:56 pm #1504291

Yuri

Hi, this error message is commonly associated with issues regarding the CURL extension in PHP and how it is configured within the server. You will need to contact your hosting service so they can update the CURL extension to the latest version and they will also need to allow SSLV3 for it. If they require additional technical information about this error you can direct them to these websites:

- hidden link
- hidden link

Alternatively, you can try adding the line below to your wp-config.php file but there are instances where this will not mitigate the issue so you will need your hosting service to update the CURL extension as stated above.

define('ICL_REMOTE_WPML_CONFIG_FILES_INDEX', '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>');

Let me know how it goes.

February 18, 2018 at 4:48 pm #1521342

herveH-2

Hello,

In fact I have changed the lower memory limit in my default-contants.php file and I had no more error messages.

Thank you.

Marie-Elisabeth