Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
February 5, 2023 at 4:39 pm #12963665

radoslavH

Hello, I have the following message on the site ,,Site Moved or Copied - Action Required,,,. My site has not been copied or moved to a new URL address ,without ticking the checkboxes does not allow me to make a translation.What to do without damaging the site please.

hidden link
Best regards Hristov

download (6).jpg
February 5, 2023 at 7:50 pm #12963979

Mohamed Sayed

Hi there,
Thanks for contacting WPML support, I will be glad to help you.

Since you didn't move or copy your site to a new URL, it could be the same issue mentioned in the following errata page: https://wpml.org/errata/wpml-triggers-a-migration-notification-banner-even-when-the-site-hasnt-been-migrated/ so please select "I moved the site to this new URL".

Also, please make sure that you're using the latest version of the WPML plugins (Kindly create a full database and website backup before updating any of your plugins).

Regards,
Mohamed

February 5, 2023 at 7:57 pm #12963981

radoslavH

Thank you for your answer, I want to ask if this option will affect the site's ranking

February 5, 2023 at 9:14 pm #12964027

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

No, it won't affect the site's ranking.

Those options just affect the advanced translation editor and the way it handles the translation features. Please check the following doc for more details: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/using-advanced-translation-editor-when-you-move-or-use-a-copy-of-your-site/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.