This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 28, 2019 at 6:58 am #4104915

alexandreC-23

Hello!

We are translating our website from English to German. We have uploaded some xliff batches without troubles in the past but since a couple of weeks ago, we cannot import the translated xliff files (translated in the same way and using the same software than previous batches).

We get the following error: "The uploaded xliff file does not seem to be properly formed. Missing or wrong data:target".

The <target> labels in the files are filled, but I can share with you the xliff files with you if that helps.

Thank you in advance for your support!

June 28, 2019 at 7:19 am #4105067

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

May I ask you to update WPML and all the related WPML plugins before we resume working on this? You can see all the latest version numbers here:
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

You currently have WPML 4.1.4. which is quite outdated. Also, it is possible that the automatic update will not work because we had some glitch in the update process during one of these versions. If this happens, please refer to this:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cant-update-correctly-5-0-3/#post-3188821

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 28, 2019 at 8:16 am #4105401

alexandreC-23

Hello Bruno!

I have updated the plug-in following your guide. Now runs 4.2.7.1 version.
But the problem remains and the same error appears when uploading xliff files.

I look forward to your comments.

Rgds,

June 28, 2019 at 8:42 am #4105617

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly? I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 28, 2019 at 9:10 am #4105817

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

we cannot import the translated xliff files (translated in the same way and using the same software than previous batches).

May I ask what software are using for this? Can you tell me if you tried comparing XLIFF files before this happened and now - do you see any difference at all?

I'm wondering whether there have been some change in the software you're using, perhaps not being compatible with these anymore or possibly changing them in some way.

And just to make sure - you created translation job, export XLIFF file, translated using this software and then when you try to upload using translation management, you see this error message?

I have an idea how we can prove that this is not issue related to your website, but an issue related to that translation software.

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: 7ibsO05GMv6J

This is a clean WPML installation, where I set languages exactly as they are on your website. Can you try doing the following?
- Create a translation job
- export XLIFF file into your translation software and translate it
- try importing to see if the error message will appear again

Let me know if this is the exact scenario in which it is happening in your case - if yes any of the issue is present there as well, then there may be something in the software itself which make some changes WPML cannot handle.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Error (Missing or wrong data:target) when importing xliff files’ is closed to new replies.