This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 10.48 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: "Language of... Cannot be recognized" Solution: The client had an outdated versions of WPML and additional plugins.

Author Posts
July 4, 2019 at 12:02 pm #4142989

gijsH

I'm trying te create a new post, get a error message instead. If I disable String Translation, the error stops.

July 4, 2019 at 12:56 pm #4143415

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

According to your debug information, I see that you have WPML Multilingual CMS 4.2.0 installed. Can you update this plugin (and also all the other WPML add-ons you're using) before we resume debugging this?

You can compare your installed versions with this:
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

I would also suggest that you update any other plugin you may be using on site.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 4, 2019 at 1:26 pm #4143869

gijsH

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for your quick answer, it fixed my problems. What's strange, is that I never received any update notifications on my dashboard (the website has always been fully registered on Account » Sites). So I removed my current registration and added it back. After that, I could update.

Kind regards, Gijs