Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 44 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
February 18, 2019 at 10:47 pm #3214258

Puntorosso

Hi,

since one of the last WPML updates the registration of a site in a subfolder seems to be broken.
Before it was correctly registered, but now I get an error.

Wordpress is installed in the folder

hidden link

but the site link is

hidden link

When I use the automatic registration, WPML use the site link (without subfolder) to create the code, but it doesn't work:

hidden link

If I insert manually the site with the subfolder, the registration code works, but I cannot update any plugin and I get a"Your subscription appears to no longer be valid." error

hidden link

What shall I do?

February 19, 2019 at 7:13 am #3215257

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please try the following steps?

1- Click on the Unregister WPML button at the Plugins > Add new > Commercial page.
2- Go to WPML.org and at https://wpml.org/account/sites/ . Delete the site keys for hidden link and hidden link

3- Create a new one and enter you site url: hidden link
4- Take note of the new key.
5- Register plugin using your new key.

Does it help?

Kind regards,
Dennis

February 19, 2019 at 3:10 pm #3217403

Puntorosso

I get "Invalid site key for the current site."
It only works if I use "hidden link", but then, if I try to update WPML, I get "Your subscription appears to no longer be valid. Please try to register again using a valid site key."

February 19, 2019 at 8:51 pm #3218924

Puntorosso

Additionally I have found out that all my other customer's sites are having problems updating, both WPML and Toolset, with messages like

The package could not be installed. (PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature)

or

Download failed. (Not Found)

What happened with the last updates??

Everything was running smooth for months and now we are back to the time when I was spending more time debugging WPML as developing sites....

February 20, 2019 at 2:39 am #3219584

Dennis

Hi,

Thank for your reply.

I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

February 21, 2019 at 1:38 am #3224240

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with access information.

Could you please manually update the plugins.? Please follow these steps:

Before proceeding please make a full website backup!

- Download the latest version of WPML from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- Disable WPML Multilingual CMS
- Delete WPML Multilingual CMS (the settings and the translations are saved in the database so they will not be deleted)
- Upload the freshly downloaded WPML plugin from Plugins -> Add New -> Upload Plugin
- Activate WPML
- Register your site again at Plugins > Add new > Commercial tab

Kind regards,
Dennis

February 21, 2019 at 2:23 am #3224385

Puntorosso

.. and then you want me to repeat this procedure for all WPML plugins in 34 sites?
In my case 4*34 = 136 plugins to upload manually....
Do I get a monthly salary from WPML?

I think is time your developer solve this problem instead of moving the responsibility to the users.
By the way, same bug already happened more than once...

February 21, 2019 at 2:35 am #3224501

Puntorosso

I tried anyway one of the site manually.
Still it doesn't work! I get "Invalid site key for the current site."
Deleting codes doesn't help neither.

Can you please escalate this ticket? It's a really serious problem!

February 21, 2019 at 7:06 am #3225134

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for you reply.

Our developers have identified this problem with WPML v4.2.0 and they suggested manually updating from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1, then, WPML should be able to register and receive updates.

I would like ask your permission to do the suggested steps on your site if it's okay with you. Please let me know if you wish to proceed after making a full backup of your site.

Another option is to migrate your site to our test server is by using Cloudways WordPress Migrator plugin ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/bv-cloudways-automated-migration/ ), If it is OK with you, we can migrate your site to our test server from CloudWays to continue debugging without any risk on your end.

https://wpml.org/hosting-partner/cloudways/

Please let me know how you wish to proceed.

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Dennis

February 21, 2019 at 9:53 am #3226167

Puntorosso

Sure, you can migrate the site.
I have done a screencast to see that manually updating the plugin doesn't help.

hidden link

February 22, 2019 at 8:37 am #3231380

Puntorosso

I am on the road, but you have the login data.
Why don't you migrate the site yourself?
Thanks

February 22, 2019 at 9:26 am #3231490

Dennis

Hi,

I have started migrating your site to our cloudways server. Migration process can take up 4 hours or more depending on the size of the site. Will keep you updated on the progress on the migration.

Kind regards,
Dennis

February 25, 2019 at 6:16 am #3238037

Dennis

Hi,

We have successfully migrated your site to our cloudways test server here:

hidden link

However, I was not able to reproduce the issue on our test server. I was able to register WPML successfully.

I am going to consult 2nd tier support about this case now. I will let you know of any feedback I will receive from them.

Kind regards,
Dennis

February 25, 2019 at 10:17 am #3238928

Puntorosso

Hi,

Don't forget 2 essential factors:

1) The site is in a sub-folder
2) different domains/languages

If your test site doesn't reflect this two points is worthless

Thanks for consulting the 2nd tier, as I really have a problem here.

Best

February 26, 2019 at 7:29 am #3243321

Dennis

Hi,

Our 2nd tier advised to escalate this issue to our WPML developers/systems team for further debugging. I will update you as soon as I got some feedback from them.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis