Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 44 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
March 15, 2019 at 4:33 pm #3355619

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

The development team has increased the priority of your issue, and it should be fixed with WPML version 4.2.5

Best Regards.

March 18, 2019 at 4:31 pm #3371589

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

After doing some other investigation, I found that with the same installation as you, if I'm having the latest version of WPML 4.2.4.1, and then register the site with the subdirectory, I was able to register the site, and update/download the rest of the plugins.

So if you haven't updated any of the sites, please try to update WPML manually to 4.2.4.1, and then register the site with the sub-directory, then update the rest of the plugins using WPML interface, and let me know if it worked for you?

I have tried to check your site, but the link: hidden link isn't working for me, it gives me "Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page."

Best Regards.

March 18, 2019 at 10:09 pm #3373723

Puntorosso

Doesn't work for me

hidden link

I have disabled admin access to the other site because I have anyway updated all the plugins manually.

I really do hope I don't have to do that for the rest of the sites....

March 19, 2019 at 12:28 pm #3378931

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Can you please send me the credentials again, because what I described above is working on our local server.
I will set the next reply to be private.

Best Regards.

March 19, 2019 at 1:02 pm #3379345

Puntorosso

.... please notice that also Toolset is also not working. Same auth problem as WPML.

March 19, 2019 at 2:36 pm #3380199

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your help, I have sent all the info to the dev team, and will update you soon.

Best regards.

March 20, 2019 at 10:20 am #3387311

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Our dev needs a fresh copy from your site, to be able to debug the issue better, so can you copy your files (you can exclude the wp-content/uploads) if you have a lot of images, also give us a copy from your database, and upload them to any online drive and send me the link to download the site in the next private reply.

Best Regards.

April 2, 2019 at 5:13 pm #3519377

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I have tried to create a copy using the duplicator plugin, but it doesn't work. and I don't think that it is a good idea to install the site using FTP because it will take much time as it downloads the files one by one, and in some cases, the server terminates the operation, also with FTP I will not be able to get the database file.
So can you please compress your site files and upload the file with the database to an online drive and send me the link in the next private reply.

Best regards.

April 4, 2019 at 1:00 am #3531079

Puntorosso

Hi,
the site is simply too big now to duplicate.
I don't understand why isn't possible to debug it directly.

Keep in mind that the automatic update was working without problem since really long time, and the only change on the website has been the update of WPML and Toolset, which both won't update now.

I have disable all plugins and switched to a standard WP theme, but I get the same error.

What can we do?

Thanks

Something has been changed from your side on the registration module ( I guess in 4.2 or 4.2.1) that caused this mistake.

April 4, 2019 at 3:53 pm #3536725

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

It is hard to debug online because we have to use some tools to help us check what happens in the code behind the scene to be able to identify the issue, so in some cases like yours, it is hard to find the cause of this when the site is online, I'm checking with our dev team if they have any alternatives, and will update you soon I get any new info.

Best regards.

April 10, 2019 at 12:20 am #3571297

Puntorosso

Hi, any news?
This bug starts to be very annoying...
Thanks

Best

April 10, 2019 at 8:44 am #3573593

Puntorosso

..I've told you that Toolset generated the same error, but I have found out that it's also caused by the WPML plugin.
If I disable WPML I can install/update Toolset's plugins without problems.

April 10, 2019 at 12:12 pm #3575811

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

Our dev team finally was able to replicate the issue, I think they have already made a fix but it is still under review, and most probably it will be released next version, but I don't know the exact ETA for that, and I will update you once I get any news.

Best regards.

April 10, 2019 at 12:16 pm #3575863

Puntorosso

Thanks Ahmed.

Meanwhile I have lost so much time between WPML and Toolset support tickets and debugging that I think I'd better work for "On the Go Systems" and get paid 😉

Best

April 10, 2019 at 12:23 pm #3575941

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

You are welcome to join us: https://www.onthegosystems.com/jobs/ 😉