This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by fellipeB 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
May 13, 2019 at 8:56 pm #3801537

fellipeB

Hello. I have a similar problem. When I switch the selector to another language (Portuguese, for example) I can not return to the English language. The theme used in WordPress is Curly. Can you help me?

May 14, 2019 at 12:37 am #3802345

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Before a more detailed look, please, try this basic troubleshooting:

1 - Make sure your server environment meets our minimum requirements as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/, you can see your current values at your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Info menu.

2 - Disable all the plugins except the WPML related ones from your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and see if the issue is gone, if so, activate one plugin at a time untill the culprit one is found.

3 - If the issue persists, temporary change to a default WordPress theme such as the 'TwentySeventeen' theme from your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes menu.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know if the steps above help to fix your issue. Have a nice day.

May 29, 2019 at 2:40 pm #3916463

fellipeB

Hello Marcos.

I already did everything you asked for in this tutorial and checked the requirements as well.

The problem: when I switch the selector to the corresponding language, Portuguese, for example, I can not go back to the English language page. This happens with Spanish too.

At the moment, WPML recognizes the language correctly, this problem with the urls, just see the source code of the page to understand that the links are being exchanged by the application. Can you give me guidance on this, through online chat?