This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 14, 2019 at 11:05 am

travisL

I am trying to: Use the Translation Management tool to fix a problem with Product Bundles not being properly transferred between carts when the language is switched (a possible fix I saw in the forum). The problem is that I get the 'site is having technical issues' when I try and access the Translation Jobs. I looked to see why this may be, and also saw that when I try and switch the translator to the new Advanced WPML Translator it also give me an error

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (if you wanted to test the bundled products errors)

I expected to see:

The translation jobs

Instead, I got:

errors

August 14, 2019 at 6:50 pm #4397081

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

I would need to see the detail of the error to get a better idea of what might be causing this.

You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

Also while reviewing the WPML Translation Management dashboard i noticed that you are having 403 errors throughout the site while trying to connect to the WP API

?v=2.0:6 WebSocket connection to '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 403

is your site behind a firewall by any chance ?

Please verify that mbstring PHP extension is enabled as well

The topic ‘[Closed] Error: The site is experiencing technical difficulties.’ is closed to new replies.