This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 25, 2019 at 12:05 pm #4638527

federacion-navarra-de-deportes

I am trying to make a translation post

and show this error

There was a problem communicating with ATE: (cURL error 6: name lookup timed out)

September 25, 2019 at 5:09 pm #4641385

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

If possible please review the following reply and let me know your hosting provider's feedback regarding the Curl 6 error.

= > https://wpml.org/forums/topic/curl-error-6-name-lookup-timed-out-2/#post-1661053

September 26, 2019 at 11:20 am #4646247

federacion-navarra-de-deportes

Thanks Bobby, i check all and all it´s ok, i do not know wy same time work and other time not.

September 26, 2019 at 4:21 pm #4648833

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

This error happens when you try to add translations correct?

We could further test this on our staging servers to exclude any server related issues as well as test it with a minimal environment to exclude any 3rd party plugin interference.

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

NOTE: if access to the live site is not possible and staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin

Thank you,
Bobby

The topic ‘[Closed] Error – There was a problem communicating with ATE’ is closed to new replies.