This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dimitriosM-2 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
November 10, 2015 at 3:41 pm #743609

dimitriosM-2

Hello,

i'm facing a problem and i really need your help! I'm having a website

mountathos360.com (pass: mountathos123)

and i have a problem with redirects. I'm using a premium wordpress plugin for users:

hidden link

At this plugin i have activated the restricted access option where the visitors, if they want to see the content of the pages, must create an account. And if they click on any page, they will be redirected to a page and they must create an account.

If i deactivate this plugin everything works fine. So, i understand there is a conflict between wpml language switcher and user profile made easy pugin.

When i have default language English everything is ok. If i set default language the Greek it is load my website and never opens. It gives me the error:

This webpage has a redirect loop
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Is there anything that i can do? I want to have default language the Greek!

Thanks in advance.

November 11, 2015 at 2:05 pm #744377

dimitriosM-2

I really need your fast response guys!

November 11, 2015 at 5:03 pm #744576

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

Please apologize for the delay in answering. This is not usual in this forum. I'll take care of your ticket and reply time will be shorter from now.

First try clearing the cookies of the browser or try it in an incognito window.

Did you tried it with a different url format?
WPML > Languages > Site url format > Languages in directiries

I need you to do try the following test:
-Back up your site first
-Deactivate all non WPML related plugins, keep also the User Profiles Made Easy plugin
-Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Fourteen.
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with wich one there is an interaction issue

Let me know your results please.

Kind Regards

November 11, 2015 at 5:56 pm #744626

dimitriosM-2

Thank you for the reply. Actually, i deactivate the plugins except the wpml related and user profile made easy but i didn't see any difference. Maybe i don't understand something.

I change it to
WPML > Languages > Site url format > Languages in directiries

I have 3 languages. Greek , English, Russian

My default language is greek. When i switch into Russian everything is ok. When i'm trying to switch on English it redirects me to the restricted area page that i created from user profile made easy plugin.

I have set on the plugin allowed urls:

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

but the /en/ doesn't read it an stills send me at restricted area..

I'm really nervous because i have to deliver it tomorrow and i know that is not so much your problem..

November 11, 2015 at 6:15 pm #744638

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

I´ll do my best to help you as fast as I can. But this does not look like a simple fix, it seems a compatibility issue to me.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Please, make a full back up of your site before.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok for you.

Kind Regards