Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Mamdouh 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Mamdouh.

Author Posts
November 7, 2020 at 7:29 pm

shakirP

I'm getting an error:

code (3) This service does not support the following iso-codes: ti
Rollback jobs...
Batch rolled back

We're trying to translate a web page into Tigrinya.

November 7, 2020 at 8:38 pm
November 11, 2020 at 6:09 pm #7427709

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

From the error message, I understand that Tigrina (ti) and Amharic (am) needs to be mapped to another iso code to be supported by the translation Service (OneHour Translation), so could you please provide me with the corresponding language codes to make the mapping for you?

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

November 12, 2020 at 2:56 am #7430253

shakirP

Hi Ahmed, I have requested the corresponding language codes for Tigrinya and Amharic from the translation Service (OneHour Translation). They have not yet replied. Am I able to get the language codes from another translation service that has integration with WPML?

Thanks and regards, Shakir

November 12, 2020 at 1:31 pm #7434447

shakirP

Hi Ahmed, I have just received the following reply from the translation Service (OneHour Translation):

"Tigrinya language should have 'tir' iso code and Amharic should be 'am-et'. You can provide this to WPML for fix."

Please let me know if you require anything else.

Thanks for your help, Shakir

November 16, 2020 at 9:27 am #7455981

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Hi Shakir,

Hope you are doing well.

Kindly be informed that I added the needed mapping for translating the Tigrinya and Amharic languages with OneHour Translation, so please try to re-send a page to be translated into the previously mentioned languages and let me know if you still have any problem.

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

November 16, 2020 at 10:58 pm #7461941

shakirP

Hi Ahmed

I'm fine thank you. I hope you are too.

We have tried to translate a page from English to Tigrinya and it's still not working. I get the same error (see attached screenshot):

Sending your jobs to professional translation

(3) Cannot find language with iso_code ["tir"]
Rollback jobs...
Batch rolled back

Please let me know how we can fix this error.

Thanks, Shakir

November 17, 2020 at 9:47 am
November 17, 2020 at 2:11 pm #7467027

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Hi,

I have added mapping in our server from ti-> tir and from am->am-et, which means that if the language is coming from WPML in ti or am, it will appear as tir or am-et in the OneHour translation service.

As I remember you had configured Tigrinya and Amharic as ti and am in WPML, which should work properly after adding the mapping, but when I checked the languages configuration in your website now I found that you have changed them to be tir and am-et, is that correct? if yes, could you please return them back to be ti and am?

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

November 18, 2020 at 2:10 pm #7475259

shakirP

Hi Ahmed, as suggested we have reconfigured the languages and are now getting the error below. The error message has been forwarded to support at OneHour Translation.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions to get the translation working with WPML.

Thank you, Shakir

Sending your jobs to professional translation

(27) OneHourTranslation doesn't support the following language pair: en -> ti.
Please contact OneHourTranslation and ask them to add mapping for en to ti, so they can receive this job. You can send them this email:
Dear OneHourTranslation,
I wanted to let you know that you're currently not supporting en to ti which I am hoping to use on my website.
Could you update the configuration to ensure it works for me in the future?
Regards
Rollback jobs...
Batch rolled back

November 19, 2020 at 1:09 pm #7484075

shakirP

Hi Ahmed, please see reply from OneHour Translation and let me know what we need to do:

First of all, the error that you see is on WPML side, since they send incorrect codes, so the fix should be on their side as well.
Did you make changes that WPML mentioned about your website mapping? I'm sure that solution should be with mapping on their side, since we changed nothing for a long time and the codes that I sent before are the same for any user or client.

Thank you, Shakir

November 23, 2020 at 2:24 pm
November 26, 2020 at 12:41 am #7529947

shakirP

Hi Ahmed, thank you for the test. We have not yet heard back from OneHour Translation regarding adding the language pairs. I appreciate your help in resolving this issue, Shakir

November 26, 2020 at 6:38 am #7531691

Ahmed Mamdouh
Supporter

Hi Shakir,

OneHour Translation should update the language pairs as we agreed in the email to solve the issue, I just sent them a reminder but we have to wait till they add the needed language pairs as we don't have access to their system.

Best regards,
Ahmed Mamdouh.

December 3, 2020 at 12:19 am #7582531

shakirP

Hi Ahmed, I have sent OneHour Translation the details that they requested regarding my OHT account. Look forward to resolving this issue soon. Thank you, Shakir