This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 23, 2019 at 12:29 pm #4623845

warrenJ-2

I installed all the WPML components including the "gravity forms" and "yoast seo" add-ons for WPML. I then went into the WPML->Settings page and there was an error:

We have detected a problem with some tables in the database. Please contact WPML support to get this fixed.

Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction
Array
(
[language] => en
[context] => gravity_form-9
[gettext_context] =>
[domain_name_context_md5] => 75262555e64d4c07895aeebf307df805
[name] => select-2-choice-94-Jordan-value
[value] => Jordan
[status] => 0
[translation_priority] => optional
[allow_empty_value] =>
)

September 24, 2019 at 2:30 am #4627331

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Since this type of issues can be created by some conflicts or php errors. I would need your help to narrow down the issue. Could you please provide feedback on the following questions as much as possible?

Can you confirm that you are still experiencing issues with minimal set up (all plugins except WPML disabled and the theme on a WordPress default such as Twenty Nineteen)

1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Thank you for helping us to pinpoint the issue. Feel free to add any further information you may have.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 25, 2019 at 7:14 pm #4641817

warrenJ-2

Hi - I followed your instructions and deactivated all plugins apart from WPML and activated the default theme 2017. however when i open wordpress again i get an error:

Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at 127.0.0.1. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you’re unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

In the meantime i have restored the site from backup.

Can you please log into the site to investigate the issue yourself? The error seems to be related to Gravity Forms.

hidden link

This is an urgent issue.

Cheers,
Warren

September 25, 2019 at 7:28 pm #4641901

warrenJ-2

My main issue is not the error itself but trying to have a Gravity Form translated. I am aware that WPML can translate Gravity forms by simply exporting the form and importing it but it hasn't worked for me. I was able to export and import but it won't display the translated form. The form displays on this page when you click on the blue button in the middle:

hidden link

It still appears in English even though the form is translated. See screenshot.

I thought this might have been related to the error but can you please see if you can get the form to display as translated?

Thanks,
Warren

September 26, 2019 at 1:56 am #4642457

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Please don't post private login details on this public forum, we will ask for it if needed with a private form so it can be provided in a secure way, I have added the details in one reply and marked it as private.

Further, we take one issue per ticket as per our support policy so for this gravity form issue, I request you to open a new ticket.

Regarding the error, I dismissed it on the live site and it's not showing it anymore, can you confirm, this can be a false warning too.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

September 26, 2019 at 7:51 am #4644111

warrenJ-2

Hi - thanks for fixing the error. Can you please let me know how you did this as I may encounter this again.

I'll raise a new ticket for the gravity form issue.

Cheers,
Warren

September 26, 2019 at 7:54 am #4644141

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I just dismissed the message and it wasn't happening again. Looks like it was a false warning.

Thanks