This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paulS-79 4 days, 10 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
February 10, 2020 at 5:10 pm #5463639

paulS-79

Hi,

Wen trying to import a xliff file from our translation company we are getting the below error it looks like it's having an issue with a custom tab plugin we have installed https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-tab-manager/.

We are adding the translations onto a staging website hidden link ti make sure all is working before pushing it to live.

Below is the error:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'product_tab_25561' in /home/edp/staging/1/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/compatibility/class-wcml-tab-manager.php on line 562

Warning: Illegal string offset 'product_tab_25562' in /home/edp/staging/1/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/compatibility/class-wcml-tab-manager.php on line 562

Warning: Illegal string offset 'core_tab_description' in /home/edp/staging/1/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/compatibility/class-wcml-tab-manager.php on line 592

Warning: Illegal string offset 'core_tab_description' in /home/edp/staging/1/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/compatibility/class-wcml-tab-manager.php on line 600

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/edp/staging/1/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/compatibility/class-wcml-tab-manager.php:600 Stack trace: #0 /home/edp/staging/1/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WCML_Tab_Manager->save_custom_tabs_translation(25560, Array, Object(stdClass)) #1 /home/edp/staging/1/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #2 /home/edp/staging/1/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/edp/staging/1/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/translation-jobs/helpers/wpml-save-translation-data-action.class.php(191): do_action('wpml_translatio...', 25560, Array, Object(stdClass)) #4 /home/edp/staging/1/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/wpml-private-actions.php(24): WPML_Save_Translation_Data_Action->save_translation() #5 /home/edp/staging/1/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/xliff/class-wpml-tm-xliff-frontend.php(561): wpml_tm_save_data(Array) #6 /home/edp/stagi in /home/edp/staging/1/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/compatibility/class-wcml-tab-manager.php on line 600

Thanks,

James Isles

February 12, 2020 at 8:28 am #5474865

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi James,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Does the import work, if the TabManager from SkyVerge is disabled? Please let me know.

Best Regards
Marcel

February 12, 2020 at 11:23 am #5476441

paulS-79

Hi Marcel,

Yes deactivating the TabManager plugin allows the import to work. Does your import tool support this plugin?

Thanks,

James

February 12, 2020 at 11:28 am #5476455

Marcel
Supporter

Hi James,

this plugin was tested around 1 year ago with WPML, so it should not cause issues (https://wpml.org/de/plugin/woocommerce-tab-manager/).

If you want I can provide you with a Sandbox and you can try to install the plugin there and try to run a import. If this issue is reproducible, our compatibility-team can try to find a fix for it.

Please let me know

Best Regards
Marcel

February 14, 2020 at 2:56 pm #5495185

paulS-79

Hi Marcel,

We are still trying to resolve this issue but have put it on hold as we have discovered another issue. We exported about 80 WordPress (WooCommerce) product pages that we are sending to our translation company. However when we exported them some have failed to export the main body/description content.

We are using the Avarda theme, with the WooCommerce Tab Manager. On the files where it has successfully export the short description is going to excerpt, description is going to body and the tabs, and yoast content are all exporting fine.

On the files where content is missing it's the description / body that's missing. This content is older content that was moved across into WordPress from our old Drupal website. The content all displays on the website correctly but it's not coming out in the XLIFF files. Any ideas please?

Many Thanks

Colin.
(James is our developer)

February 14, 2020 at 4:05 pm #5495831

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Colin,

could you please provide me with some steps on how I can reproduce it? Then I would like to check this directly on your site. I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

Best Regards
Marcel

February 20, 2020 at 9:49 am #5531271

paulS-79

Hi Marcel,

I just wanted to check you received the Private Message with the requested details. Appreciate that you're busy but can you please confirm that you are going to be looking at this soon.

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Colin.

February 20, 2020 at 4:03 pm #5534827

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Colin,

sure, it's one of the next tickets in my Queue. I will check it ASAP.

Best Regards
Marcel

February 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm #5542641

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Colin,

I exported the two pages and searched for the description and was able to see that the description is missing. As an example I searched for: "The KoldLok® Surface Mount unit pulls apart" inside the page hidden link

As I saw that the page was created in 2008, I update the default language and now several database errors appear on the Backend page. This could be the reason why it's not fetched in the XLIFF export: hidden link

PHP Log:
hidden link

#1 Are you using Memcache?
#2 If not please try to deactivate all other Plugins then WPML and switch your Theme to a default Theme like TwentyTwenty
#3 Try then to save the default language. Are the errors gone?
#4 Start now another XLIFF export. Is the description now included?

Please let me know.

Best Regards
Marcel

February 24, 2020 at 3:47 pm #5555921

paulS-79

Hi Marcel,

I've finish doing some testing but we're still having issues with exporting the XLIFF files and getting them to contain the main description content. Below is a list of what we tried:

1: We don't use Memcache but our developer turned off the caching plugin we use.
2: I deactivated all the plugins and changed the theme to TwentyTwenty. I then enabled the WooCommerce plugins, Fusion Plugins and WPML plugins and tried an export of this page hidden link but again the main content description was missing from the XLIFF. Strangely though if you were to do the translation in the backend of WordPress by clicking on the Translate button all the content is there.
3: Before activating the plugins in point 2, I checked the language in General Settings and set it to English (UK) which is the default in our live site. When I activated the plugins this changed to English (US).
4: With the plugins activated in point 2 I created a new product hidden link and copied and pasted the content from the original page into the new product page. Once done I then tried exporting this page to XLIFF. Again the main content wasn't in the file.
5: I then repeated point 4 but with all the WPML plugins deactivated. Once the page hidden link was published I reactived the WPML plugins and exported this page to XLIFF but the result was the same no main description current in the XLIFF file.
6: Finally I went into the languages section within WPML and changed en_US to en_GB and saved it. It saved fine without any error messages. I then checked the language settings under the Settings > General tab and language was now showing English (UK) rather than English (US). I then export all three pages to XLIFF but none of them showed the main description content.

All these were tested in the TwentyTwenty theme rather than our Avada theme.

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Colin.

February 25, 2020 at 2:35 pm #5563255

paulS-79

Hi Marcel,

Since my post yesterday I tried creating a new product without copying and pasting - hidden link - and then exporting it to XLIFF.

When I checked the XLIFF in Notepad++ the file is created correctly i.e. it has exported the main description along with the short description and the tabs.

I then edited the XLIFF with translated content using Google Translate and tried to import it back in but still get all the errors that we originally report through our developer James.

So we still have two issues to solve:

1) How we can get the main description to export from all products.
2) How once we have the full XLIFF files exported and translated, how we get them to import back in without the errors.

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Colin.

February 26, 2020 at 4:18 pm #5572855

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Colin,

I found out that the WooCommerce database was not able to update it himself after WooCommerce updates around 2 weeks ago. This could be the culprit. I'm on it.

Best Regards
Marcel

March 3, 2020 at 4:01 pm #5609703

paulS-79

Hi Marcel,

Sorry I've been away since your last response. I've tried it but still having issues. So I don't know if this was the issue. We are going to be using Star Translation Services so I've just sent them a file through their API for them to check to see if the main body is there.

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Colin.

March 3, 2020 at 6:07 pm #5610517

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Colin,

I rechecked the site and the DB update is still in progress. You can see it here:
hidden link

Let's see what Star Translation says. Otherwise, I would recommend fixing first the Woo DB before trying another export (as XLIFF)

Please let me know.

Best Regards
Marcel

March 4, 2020 at 11:58 am #5616337

paulS-79

Hi Marcel,

I checked the Woo DB this morning and it was still updating, so I had our developer look at it. He re-ran the update and checked to see if the DB update had completed, which it now has. I've tried another export of one of the product pages that we're having issues with and the main description is still missing from the XLIFF (HotLok Round Rack Mount Grommet). So I don't think the issue was the DB update.

The weird thing is if you go into the translation tab and click the translate button the main description is there, which makes it harder to understand why it's not coming out in the XLIFF.

I'm hoping to hear back from Star by the end of this week as to whether the file we sent them yesterday contains all the correct information. I will update you as soon as I have this.

Many thanks

Kind Regards

Colin.