This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
June 15, 2019 at 9:12 am #4026113

reneS-10

I am trying to:
Edit a page
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Any page
I expected to see:
Ability to edit the page settings in WP
Instead, I got:
Fatal error: Uncaught RuntimeException: Language of /var/www/advanz.dk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/languages/gravityforms-en_US-gform_editor_block_form.json cannot be recognized in /var/www/advanz.dk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php:46 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/advanz.dk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/jed-translations/wpml-st-script-translations-hooks.php(84): WPML_ST_Translations_File_Locale->get() #1 /var/www/advanz.dk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/jed-translations/wpml-st-script-translations-hooks.php(38): WPML_ST_Script_Translations_Hooks->get_file_locale('/var/www/advanz...') #2 /var/www/advanz.dk/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_ST_Script_Translations_Hooks->override_jed_file('/var/www/advanz...', 'gform_editor_bl...', 'gravityforms') #3 /var/www/advanz.dk/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_ in /var/www/advanz.dk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php on line 46
The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

PLEASE OBSERVE:
I have followed the instructions from this case https://wpml.org/forums/topic/when-i-wanted-to-edit-page-i-have-fatal-error-message/ change wp limit in wp-config. The latest wpml is installed.

Also when I deactivate my Gravityform plugin the error dissapear

June 16, 2019 at 1:11 pm #4030531

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

So the issue is coming clearly from GravityForm

Anyhow, you are not using the latest WPML and it's plugins.
Please update all WPML plugins and check.
You can check the latest versions here : https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

If that does not help we have to check this in a fresh installation.

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

June 17, 2019 at 9:38 am #4034029

Steven

I have the same issue I open a ticket on Gravity Forms support.
They reply to me this:

"Hi Steven,
I'm afraid this is an issue WPML would need to fix, they will need to update their add-on to support or skip translating strings used by the new WordPress block editor.
Regards".

Please I need to fix urgently this issue I can't work with my website !!!

June 18, 2019 at 4:32 am #4040219

reneS-10

Hi

Riffaz - How can you be so sure the error is caused by Gravityforms ? You are running a bleme game here and your answer is quite arrogant. For your information the error is fixed due to the update to the latest version of WPML hence the error was in your software.

June 18, 2019 at 12:45 pm #4043897

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

@renes-10 sorry if I did not explain clearly.
Gravity Form updated there code.
so this error happened with WPML.
so we updated our plugin.
And it was fixed.
As I mentioned already you were using old versions of WPML.
And, you confirmed that the issue has been fixed by updating the WPML. 🙂
So everything is fine now I hope.

@amys94fr
please check how renes fixed it: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/error-when-trying-to-edit-page/#post-4040219
If that does not help please open a new ticket.

Regards,