This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 20, 2019 at 2:23 pm #4424341

lok-chunS

Tell us what you are trying to do? Using WPML with Cloudflare, but the Language URL format option, "Different languages in directories" does not work when Cloudflare is turned on.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see? When I turn Cloudflare into development mode, the alert for "Different languages in directories" will disappear and the test page will work properly.

Alert I receive:

It looks like languages per directories will not function. Details

This can be a result of either:

WordPress is installed in a directory (not root) and you're using default links.
URL rewriting is not enabled in your web server.
The web server cannot write to the .htaccess file

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

August 21, 2019 at 4:46 am #4428035

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

When you mentioned Cloudflare are you mentioning about the 'Cloudflare" WordPress plugin correct?

It looks like a compatibility issue with the theme. To debug compatibility issue quickly, it will be best to test the issue on a fresh new Installation, being so I would need your little help to pinpoint the issue further.

I have created a fresh new WordPress Installed test site here, hidden link you can click on the link to login.

Could you please use the same settings there and see if you can replicate the issue? Please don't use personal information on the site as it's a test site, I recommend using some dummy data.

This will help us to figure out if this is actually a compatibility issue or a site-specific issue.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

August 21, 2019 at 7:36 am #4428601

lok-chunS

Thank you for your reply. By mentioning Cloudflare I am referring to their CDN service but not their plugin. In this case would testing in a dummy website be useful? If so I want try to replicate my site setting there.

For setting replications, do I need to copy everything or just download the theme I use in that website? Is there an easy way to copy all plugins and setting from my website to this dummy website? Will it be better if I provide you a staging website for you to test?

Thank you for reading and your help.

August 21, 2019 at 8:55 am #4429211

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

You can just use some dummy content in the default theme to replicate the issue. Please don't use all the plugins that are using, this will help us figure out if it's a compatibility issue.

Thanks

August 21, 2019 at 11:05 am #4430529

lok-chunS

Thank you for your reply. I don't think this test site can help, because it is not running on CDN, which is Cloudflare in my case. I believe Cloudflare is the source of error for my site. Can you set up an Cloudflare account and put this test site on Cloudflare? So that the issue can be truly replicated for you to debug.

Thank you for reading.

August 22, 2019 at 4:36 am #4436291

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

More than that it would be easy to check your live site settings once, isn't it?

Also, did you contacted Cloudflare and see if there is anything they can help here?

To debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Error when using Cloudflare with WPML’ is closed to new replies.