This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
October 7, 2018 at 2:47 pm #2793898

khalidf

I had issue that i was not able to edit post or pages on website which i have this plugin active "WPML Multilingual CMS" ... and after long back and forth between your support and my server support I got it fixed from my support side .. but after your last update .. the error came back .. and my server support was not able to fix it and sent to me the following ...

"
Currently, your account PHP version set to 7.1. You have mentioned that you are unable to edit the posts when activate the plugin 'WPML Multilingual CMS'. I have checked the error logs at: hidden link and noticed that error generated about ioncube_loader. We support ioncube_loader in PHP version 5.6 and lower version. If you want to use ioncube_loader, then you need to use lower PHP version. But other website features not work with PHP version 5.6. Therefore, you can contact the plugin 'WPML Multilingual CMS' developer and check whether it can be use without ioncube_loader
"

could you give help here please

October 9, 2018 at 1:21 am #2797637

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support. I will do my best to help you with this issue.

I have checked the debug information of the site and verything seems to be correct. In this link you can see that WPML works with PHP versions from 5.3 to above: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

There shouldn't be any issue if you ask your hosting provider to downgrade the PHP version of the server to use ioncube_loader.

Please let me know if you need further assistance and I will be more than happy to help.
Kind regards,
Carlos