This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:INstalling and activating plugin results into a fatal error

Solution:Deactivated and delete the WPML plugins then installed them again manually using FTP

to do a manual update please follow these steps:

1. Backup your database – see for example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/

2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.

3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from you "wp-content/plugins" folder NOT the database records.

4. Download the updated plugins from our servers and upload them to the plugin directory.

5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by demoM 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
January 5, 2016 at 4:03 pm #781244

demoM

I have to test several time for install the directory to WP network site and install WPML plugin, sitepress-multilingual-cms.3.3.5.zip, once active this plugin, it's have the error below :

hidden link

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_file_description() (previously declared in /home/cloudh39/public_html/KP/wp-admin/includes/file.php:61) in /home/cloudh39/public_html/KP/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 76

Now, I can't reach my dashboard.

January 5, 2016 at 5:14 pm #781301

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support,

May I kindly ask you to please use your FTP to go to the folder wp-contents=>plugins=>and from there manually deactivate WPML by just rewriting the folder by adding ".deactivate" in the end.

Afterwards go to your WP dashboard and you should be able to see it now.

=>Dont forget to remove the ".deactivate" after you can see your dashboard

Please let me know your results

Thank you,
Bobby

January 6, 2016 at 4:08 am #781532

demoM

Hello Bobby,

I was done the above action, now what I need to do? If need the FTP & admin login, please let me know.

Thank you
S

January 6, 2016 at 4:33 pm #782010

Bobby
Supporter

Hello ,

Thank you for updating me ,

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

January 7, 2016 at 5:11 pm #782888

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the Access Details,

I have sucesfully installed and activated the WPML plugin, please go through the configuration and set it up with your languages and etc.

Once done, please go back and activate the WPML plugins you are going to be using

Please let me know your results,

Thank you,
Bobby

January 8, 2016 at 10:34 am #783418

demoM

Hello Bobby,

I'm so thank you that you solve my problem. Now I can process it.

Thank you very much!
S.