This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by caroleS-2 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 24, 2019 at 2:53 pm #3885887

caroleS-2

Hi,

I am trying to install the plugin I have just download. I have activated the 4 plugins : media translator, translation management, string translation and multilingual cms.

A just add the english language in configuration, but now all my site show the error : Fatal error: Uncaught Twig_Error_Syntax: Unknown "set" tag. Did you mean "set"? in plugins-status.twig on line 1

A read in other comment that Twig version may be the problem. A use timber 1.9, with twig 2.6.2. Timber does not want twig lower than 1.34 but it seems you use 1.32.

What can I do ?

Thanks

May 24, 2019 at 6:24 pm #3887049

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

This is happening due to your version of Twig

We are going to update twig soon.
We keep this version of Twig because of backward compatibility with older PHP versions.
This will probably happen in WPML 4.3.0 but as of right now we do not have a ETA yet for this.

if the plugin/theme you are using that uses twig ver 1.34 or above, the twig version does not support PHP 5.2 and WPML still support that as noted above.
So for the users who are using still older version of PHP still can use the WPML.

Are you able to downgrade for the time being Timber's twig version to 1.32 ?

similar thread : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/twig_error_syntax-wpml-seems-not-to-be-loading-twig-properly/#post-3740351

May 27, 2019 at 7:37 am #3894105

caroleS-2

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. It seems I can't downgrad my Timber's Twig version...

Do you know when the update might append ? (one month ? ont year ?)

Thank you

May 27, 2019 at 9:39 am #3895453

caroleS-2

My issue is resolved now, I changed the Timber installation to skip the conflict. Thank you all the way for your quick answers 🙂