Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
February 18, 2021 at 7:47 pm

Ron

There is an error with WPML when it is activated

February 18, 2021 at 7:58 pm
February 18, 2021 at 8:01 pm #8122201

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Please enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

1. Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2. Browse to the page with the issue and/or reproduce the issue.

3. Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

4. Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

February 18, 2021 at 8:56 pm #8122421

Ron

Please see this debug info. I am waiting for the hosting provider to change the debug log.

February 19, 2021 at 7:22 pm #8131557

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please, let me know which specific issue you see when activating WPML, also I see you provided access to your website, is it a test/staging website where I can proceed with a detailed troubleshooting, including plugins deactivation, settings changes and so on?

I also, would appreciate the FTP access to the provided website, so, if anything goes wrong during the debug process I can easily restore access to the WordPress Dashboard. the next reply is marked as private, in case you need to provide the FTP access details safely.

Thank you for your patience and continued patience, have a nice day.

February 23, 2021 at 5:07 am
February 23, 2021 at 11:41 am #8153339

Ron

Can you help me fix the issue in this page: hidden link

I can't save the page with the translations enabled.

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 10.31.52 AM.png
February 24, 2021 at 12:12 am #8158245

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I tried to replicate the issue with a new test page and it worked properly, so, it confirms we could have an error specific for this page, in this case, I recommend you to try the following:

1 - Clone the problematic page using this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-post/

2 - Make sure the page has a 'published' status and add its translations again.

Please, let me know if it helps to fix your issue, have a nice day.

February 24, 2021 at 4:42 am #8159427

Ron

Hi,

Thank you for the workaround. I will try this and see what happens. However, I would still like to know the reason behind it so that I can avoid such a scenario in the future. It is very inconvenient to recreate pages and re-translate them.

Thanks

February 25, 2021 at 2:39 pm #8173437

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It is not something that should happen as pattern, instead, in some cases it happens the database entry for the page data becomes corrupted, in these cases, duplicating it would fix the issue as new fresh entries would be created.

As said, it is not expected that it would happen as pattern, it seems to be the exception, not the rule. In any case, we are here in case you need our assistance. Have a nice day.

March 1, 2021 at 2:27 pm #8198195

Ron

We are having another serious issue if somebody would kindly help us. Please see these error logs:

[01-Mar-2021 14:13:43 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_id() on null in /chroot/home/a61af185/5609c96e7f.nxcli.net/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders/src/media/shortcodes/class-wpml-page-builders-media-shortcodes-update.php:42
Stack trace:
#0 /chroot/home/a61af185/5609c96e7f.nxcli.net/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders/src/st/class-wpml-pb-integration.php(380): WPML_Page_Builders_Media_Shortcodes_Update->translate(Object(WP_Post))
#1 /chroot/home/a61af185/5609c96e7f.nxcli.net/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders/src/Shutdown/Hooks.php(39): WPML_PB_Integration->translate_media(Object(WP_Post))
#2 /chroot/home/a61af185/5609c96e7f.nxcli.net/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): WPML\PB\Shutdown\Hooks->translateMedias('')
#3 /chroot/home/a61af185/5609c96e7f.nxcli.net/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#4 /chroot/home/a61af185/5609c96e7f.nxcli.net/html/wp-in in /chroot/home/a61af185/5609c96e7f.nxcli.net/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/page-builders/src/media/shortcodes/class-wpml-page-builders-media-shortcodes-update.php on line 42

March 1, 2021 at 2:29 pm #8198201

Ron

The php errors are from the live tprf.org website.

March 3, 2021 at 2:33 am #8212725

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Is the most recent issue reproduced in the provided staging/test website? If not, I would appreciate if it would be possible to provide us with a duplicator package of your live website where the issue happens with the clear instructions on how to replicate it. As regarding the provided duplicator package, please, consider:

To best troubleshoot the issue, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.
Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

Thank you for your collaboration. Have a nice day.

The topic ‘[Closed] Error with WPML’ is closed to new replies.