This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by berndK-13 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 14, 2019 at 1:50 pm #4395603

berndK-13

Hi,

I tried to save a variable product and it took almost a minute to save, but it did not and I got an error message (see attachment).

I received an email from wordpress.com with the following error:

Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WooCommerce Multilingual.

First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can't access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special "recovery mode". This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 318 of the file /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/translation-editor/class-wcml-synchronize-product-data.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_stock_quantity() on boolean in /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/translation-editor/class-wcml-synchronize-product-data.php:318
Stack trace:
#0 /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/translation-editor/class-wcml-synchronize-variations-data.php(176): WCML_Synchronize_Product_Data->sync_product_stock(false, Object(WC_Product_Variation))
#1 /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/translation-editor/class-wcml-synchronize-product-data.php(168): WCML_Synchronize_Variations_Data->sync_product_variations(5751, '5752', 'de')
#2 /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/translation-editor/class-wcml-synchronize-product-data.php(132): WCML_Synchronize_Product_Data->sync_product_data(5751, '5752', 'de')
#3 /wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WCML_Synchronize_Product_Data->synchronize_products(5751, Object(WP_Post))
#4 /wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#5 /wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#6 /wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-includes/post.php(3951): do_action('save_post', 5751, Object(WP_Post), true)
#7 /wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-includes/post.php(4028): wp_insert_post(Array, false)
#8 /wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-admin/includes/post.php(405): wp_update_post(Array)
#9 /wordpress/core/5.2.2/wp-admin/post.php(218): edit_post()
#10 {main}
thrown

Please advise as this happened a few times in the last two days.

Kind regards

August 14, 2019 at 7:35 pm #4397189

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

please update WooCommerce to its latest version 3.7.0 and let me know your results please

August 15, 2019 at 7:19 am #4399267

berndK-13

Hi,

that's the thing, we use WordPress.com and WooCommerce is always up to date (current version is 3.7.0) so it all began with the update.

August 15, 2019 at 7:30 pm #4403171

Bobby
Supporter

If possible i would like to take a closer look at the backend to create a duplicator package to test locally as i am not able to currently reproduce the issue on my environment

NOTE : if access to the backend is not possible please try to provide me with a duplicator package in your next reply for me to test on my environment

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

August 17, 2019 at 7:41 am #4409543

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details !

i was able to create a staging site on my local environment using the all in one wp migration plugin as duplicator is not available in wordpress.com installations

i am currently testing this and will update you here once ready with my results

August 19, 2019 at 6:58 am #4413845

berndK-13

Thank you.

Kind regards

August 19, 2019 at 6:40 pm #4418355

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

1. I have inspect the database and can verify that the tables look as expected without any missing fields

2. I have test this multiple times on my local environment and i am not able to reproduce this issue on a clean install

3. I have test this on my local environment with your all in one migration package with all your plugins activated and was not able to reproduce the behavior.

=> Is there a specific product that is causing this behavior or does it happen with all products ?

i have tried on the test environment with different variable composite products

August 20, 2019 at 8:14 am #4421543

berndK-13

Hi Bobby,

thank you for your support. I have tried to reproduce the issue with various product creations and savings in EN and DE but the problem did not occur. For now, I will proceed with my work and open up a new ticket if the problem occurs again.

Kind regards

August 20, 2019 at 8:14 am #4421549

berndK-13

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!