Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Wrong link in some cases.

Solution (include the steps to follow here):

In file: /js_composer/include/classes/vendors/plugins/class-vc-vendor-wpml.php

Add line 37: return $link;

And now you can edit front page.

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.18 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by miguelM-22 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcin.

Author Posts
December 19, 2015 at 3:51 am #772881

davideV-2

Hi, when i enable the new version of WPML with the last version of Visual Composer on my WordPress installation, i have a sort of bug for the main page "Front Page".

If i press "Edit with visual composer" on the home "Front Page",it doesn't send me to modify the home page but the blog page.

- I allready set on general--> read --: the right option for the blog page and the home page.

This error happen only if WPML is enable.
Can you help?
Instead, I got:

December 19, 2015 at 10:08 pm #773057

davideV-2

Somebody can help please 🙂

December 21, 2015 at 11:53 am #773613

Marcin

Dear Davide

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible  - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Redgards,
Marcin

December 22, 2015 at 3:11 pm #774837

Marcin

Dear Davide

To further debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally. For this I'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. If you prefer to do it on your own, you can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

:: Duplicator instructions
hidden link

. Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)
IMPORTANT: remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

Regards,
Marcin

January 2, 2016 at 1:26 pm #779499

davideV-2

Hi, nothing i try also on other website Visual Composer last version 4.9 and 4.9.1 with last WPML version, and i can't edit the homepage from the Front-End but it send me to the blog.
:-/

I'm using the themes:
- Kallyas latest version (ThemeForest.net)
- Shopkeeper latest version (ThemeForest.net)

January 4, 2016 at 2:49 pm #780262

Marcin

Dear Davide

I'm still working on this issue.

Regards,
Marcin

January 7, 2016 at 1:33 pm #782657

Marcin

Dear Davide

I will forward the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author. Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.
It would be great if you can also contact the author asking him to reply us. You could also refer them to our Go Global program so that we can help them make their theme compatible with WPML. https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/ This may help expedite the process.

We are closing the ticket but we will keep it in our records. You will be notified the moment we have the author’s cooperation in this process.

Regards,
Marcin

January 7, 2016 at 2:26 pm #782729

Marcin

Dear Davide

Our Compatibility team found temporary solution and I applied it.

In file:

/js_composer/include/classes/vendors/plugins/class-vc-vendor-wpml.php

I added line 37:

return $link;

And now you can edit front page.

I made a backup of this file and it is in the same directory with name:

class-vc-vendor-wpml.php.org

Regards,
Marcin

January 13, 2016 at 2:04 pm #786919

davideV-2

HI, is was working thank you, but today i update visualcomposer and is gone, i try to add again the return $link; to line 37 but it give error. Do you think can you help again?
Thank You

January 13, 2016 at 2:07 pm #786925

davideV-2

Oh ok i managed thanks!

November 16, 2016 at 5:32 pm #1137904

miguelM-22

How did you do it?? Thanks!