This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 5, 2019 at 9:52 am #3958677

matthiasD-9

What are you trying to translate?
When we try to sync the menu we get the following error message

What are you seeing? (please include a screenshot)
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not add String with arguments: value: OTTO-ReiTex allow_empty_value: language: de' in /usr/www/users/ottospq/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/class-wpml-register-string-filter.php:187 Stack trace: #0 /usr/www/users/ottospq/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/class-wpml-register-string-filter.php(134): WPML_Register_String_Filter->save_string('OTTO-ReiTex', false, 'de', '1st-footer DE m...', '', 'Menu Item Label...') #1 /usr/www/users/ottospq/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/inc/functions.php(210): WPML_Register_String_Filter->register_string('1st-footer DE m...', 'Menu Item Label...', 'OTTO-ReiTex', false, 'de') #2 /usr/www/users/ottospq/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/wpml-menu-sync-functionality.class.php(322): icl_register_string('1st-footer DE m...', 'Menu Item Label...', 'OTTO-ReiTex', false, 'de') #3 /usr/www/users/ottospq/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual- in /usr/www/users/ottospq/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/class-wpml-register-string-filter.php on line 187

What's missing or not working for you?
Need to please fix this error

June 5, 2019 at 6:07 pm #3963327

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 7, 2019 at 10:15 am #3975497

matthiasD-9

sorry, the FTP Server is hidden link

Not /root

June 7, 2019 at 6:38 pm #3978533

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

This may be happening because of the older version of WPML plugins. Please check the attached image.

Please upgrade to the latest version of WPML(4.2.6) after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Errormessage when trying to sync menus’ is closed to new replies.