Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
December 13, 2018 at 8:56 am

ashutoshB

I am trying to:
1) Use the TagDivi composer in Newspaper theme (Compatible Theme) with WPML I try to add a new cloud library template and it gives me an error in row. Contacted TagDivi support and they suggested disabling the plugins one by one and found out that the issue was with WPML, i.e when WPML is disabled, this works okay. (See image tag divi composer error with WPML)
2) Disabled WPML and managed to add a template in the primary language (English). Translated the template by using the +, however when I tried to assign the template to the category I could not find it there.

Check image (English category template) - In the primary language we can see the templates and can select whichever we want,

Check image (Hindi category template) - In the Hindi version we cannot see any templates at all and when I click on the cloud template list I see that there are no templates visible.

I think this is because since WPML was disabled when the templates were added it does not detect the translation.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Inside the tagdivi composer
I expected to see:
WPML working with Newspaper theme that is the most selling theme in the evanto marketplace!. The theme claimed to be compatible with WPML and that is why we bought it and bought WPML. This was an issue when we were on wordpress 4.9 as well. The theme is updated and so is the WPML version.

Instead, I got:
Theme incompatibility

December 13, 2018 at 8:43 pm #2999467

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

If I understand correctly, you have translated the tags but they are not showing up in the secondary language. Is this correct?

If so, please be sure to make a full backup of your site and database. Then, go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting.

Look for 'Clean up' and click the following:
- Synchronize posts taxonomies
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix Terms count
- Fix post assignment for translations

After these steps, are you able to see the translated tags?

December 17, 2018 at 5:26 am #3006681

ashutoshB

Hello Lauren

Thanks a lot for the reply.

No Ma'am. This is not a translation issue for tags I am able to translate the tags/pages/categories just fine.

This is an issue with the compatibility of WPML plugin with Tagdiv's Newspaper theme that is supposed to be compatible with the plugin.

https://wpml.org/theme/newspaper/

TagDiv has a page builder called the Tag Div composer that allows us to create pages, category pages and others using pre built templates.

When we use the cloud library feature to create a category template we are able to do it and also able to translate it.

In the Newspaper theme I am able to assign the primary language template with the theme
Check image - English category template

It shows that the primary language version is assigned to the category.
Check image - English category template assigned to category

However the translation is not being assigned to the category in the theme settings
Check image - Hindi category template

Hence the translation shows unassigned in the category template field.
Check image - Hindi template not assigned to category.

This is a compatibility issue with WMPL and the tag div newspaper theme.

I really hope that this issue can be solved 🙁 Newspaper is the most selling theme on themeforest in the magazine category and if this issue persists then it cannot be said that the theme is compatible as you cannot do anything except translate simple posts and pages on this theme and any other page especially critical category pages etc cannot be translated.

Please look into this as there must be many people who are facing this problem I am sure.

Thanks a lot for all you do.

Regards
Ashutosh

December 17, 2018 at 9:02 pm #3010238

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for clarifying and providing additional information. After digging around a bit, I found this similar ticket and a solution here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/tagdiv-newspaper-theme-pages-made-with-tagdiv-composer-just-not-editable/#post-2937344

Please try adding the wpml-config.xml content provided in that thread. You can add it in WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration. Once that has been added, please let me know if it works correctly for you.

December 18, 2018 at 7:52 am #3011189

ashutoshB

Hello Lauren

Thanks a lot for this! Yes this looks like a similar issue. Let me give it a whirl and get back to you on this.

Regards
Ashutosh

December 18, 2018 at 1:27 pm #3012372

Lauren
Supporter

Okay great, keep me posted.

December 21, 2018 at 11:08 am #3024401

ashutoshB

Hello Lauren

I tried this and it did not work. Also now that I look at it, this is not a shortcode issue at all rather a compatibility issue between the WPML plugin and the newspaper theme (Most popular magazine theme on themeforest with 71.4 K sales)

Even though the theme is listed as compatible with the plugin the custom categories cannot be translated.

I asked the theme support and it seems like the theme is not fully compatible and this issue is being faced by many other users.

I carefully selected the plugin considering that this theme supports it and now after development it seems like we would have to start all over again 🙁

Please go through the issue description once again in this thread and advise me. Please share a Email address that I can use so that I may write to both Tagdiv support as well as to you so that you can fix this compatibility issue. I have identified many other people who are facing this problem and we would love for this issue to be solved.

Regards
Ashutosh

December 21, 2018 at 4:09 pm #3025481

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for the additional information. Once I am able to reproduce this in a clean install, I can forward this to our compatibility team so that they can get in touch with the theme authors.

I have set up a fresh site with WPML here. Please upload a copy of your theme and I will continue troubleshooting there. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Login:hidden link
Username:demo
Password:iF54I9oE9zdT

December 24, 2018 at 4:33 am #3029686

ashutoshB

Hello Lauren

I really appreciate taking this forward. 🙂

1) Installed the theme Newspaper 9.2.1, the version that we are also running.

2) Installed the plugin Tag Div cloud library that is necessary to recreate the situation

Looking forward to this fix.

Regards
Ashutosh

December 26, 2018 at 11:12 pm #3035283

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks, I'm working on reproducing the issue in a testing environment and will update as soon as I have more information. Thanks for your patience.

December 27, 2018 at 4:23 am #3035846

ashutoshB

I appreciate you taking the time during Xmas holidays to help us out!

Waiting expectantly for a solution. Please ping in case you need any clarifications.

December 28, 2018 at 10:43 am #3039765

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello Ashutosh,

Lauren is not available at the moment, so I will be handling this ticket. Here are some of my findings:

1) I am not able to reproduce this on Sandbox site Lauren created because I am getting this message: "Envato key is missing. Please register your theme using a valid key and try again." I am not sure if you can register that site also, without losing the license for the main site?

Can you check this with Envato on how this works?

2) Please see the image attached - this is the error log being produced when WPML is activated and these errors are received only from tagDiv Cloud Library and tagDiv Composer JavaScript files. I got these when I tried creating new template with WPML being activated. The error message says:

Error at rows: 1(models) : 0(dom). The model does not match the content

Can you check this with Theme Authors if they are familiar with this error or search their support forum? It may not be related to WPML only, but this could affect some other plugins as well.

I'd like to hear their thoughts about this before we investigate this further.

3) Your remark I think this is because since WPML was disabled when the templates were added it does not detect the translation. is most likely correct.

Please let me know as soon as you'll have more information on the above!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

December 28, 2018 at 11:50 am #3039893

ashutoshB

Dear Bruno

First of all I really want to thank you for helping us out even during the new year holidays. 🙂

1) I do not think we can put one license on two themes. I have two Newspaper theme licenses but both are in use on sites so I think it will not be possible for me to use any of them. However since this is a compatibility issue with the most popular theme on Evanto I think TagDiv will be able to help you with a key just to test this.

2) This error is one of the most common issues with the TagDiv composer. I have seen that it is due to theme requirements. You can check out the requirements here
hidden link
hidden link

3) I took up this issue with TagDiv support and they say that they are aware of this. Basically the theme is not fully compatible with WPML even though when I bought this it was said that it was. TagDiv told be that they will be working on this as a lot of people are facing this issue.

Could you please pass this on to the compatibility team like it was done in this case
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/tagdiv-newspaper-theme-pages-made-with-tagdiv-composer-just-not-editable/#post-2937344
If WPML does not work with the composer we cannot say that Newspaper theme is compatible. This theme is the biggest selling theme on themeforest and it is rather disappointing that this issue is being faced.

Best wishes from India.

Ashutosh

December 28, 2018 at 1:40 pm #3040272

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello Ashutosh,

I have just escalated this issue to our Compatibility team. I will let you know as soon I will have more information from them. I am very sorry that you got stuck with this. 🙁

Regards,
Bruno Kos

January 2, 2019 at 8:40 am #3048179

ashutoshB

Thanks a lot for this Bruno. I will be waiting expectantly on this. TagDiv is also aware of this issue and I wish that it gets resolved soon. 🙂

Happy new year to you guys!