This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
February 2, 2019 at 3:39 pm #3154389

emmanuelN-8

I am trying to: activate the plugins wpml-string-translation and wpml-translation-management

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: None because it happens only when I try to activate the plugins

I expected to see: The plugins to be activated.

Instead, I got:

For wpml-string-translation:

Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: String id cannot be empty in /home/clierutk/energie-fruit.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php:103 Stack trace: #0 /home/clierutk/energie-fruit.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php(44): WPML_ST_Page_Translation->validate_values('0', 'woocommerce_pri...', 'admin_texts_woo...') #1 /home/clierutk/energie-fruit.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-db-translation-retrieve.php(160): WPML_ST_Page_Translation->__construct('0', 'woocommerce_pri...', 'admin_texts_woo...', '', false, '') #2 /home/clierutk/energie-fruit.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-db-translation-retrieve.php(139): WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->build_translation(Array, 'woocommerce_pri...', 'admin_texts_woo...', '') #3 /home/clierutk/energie-fruit.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml- in /home/clierutk/energie-fruit.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php on line 103

For wpml-translation-management:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home/clierutk/energie-fruit.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-priorities/class-wpml-tm-translation-priorities.php:92 Stack trace: #0 /home/clierutk/energie-fruit.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/upgrade/commands/class-wpml-tm-upgrade-translation-priorities-for-posts.php(21): WPML_TM_Translation_Priorities::insert_missing_default_terms() #1 /home/clierutk/energie-fruit.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/upgrade/commands/class-wpml-tm-upgrade-translation-priorities-for-posts.php(28): WPML_TM_Upgrade_Translation_Priorities_For_Posts->run() #2 /home/clierutk/energie-fruit.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/upgrade/class-wpml-upgrade.php(146): WPML_TM_Upgrade_Translation_Priorities_For_Posts->run_admin() #3 /home/clierutk/energie-fruit.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/upgrade/class-wpml-upgrade.php(134): WPML_Upgrade-> in /home/clierutk/energie-fruit.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-priorities/class-wpml-tm-translation-priorities.php on line 92

February 4, 2019 at 12:47 pm #3157533

emmanuelN-8

Hi,

Do you have any news ewgarding my DB issue?

Thanks

February 4, 2019 at 2:04 pm #3157976

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

it seems something went wrong during the installation/update. I'd suggest trying to deactivate, delete and reinstall the plugin, preferably with a manual installation:

============================
==>Backup your website and database <==
============================

-Deactivate and delete the “installer” plugin (if you have it).
-Deactivate all WPML plugins.
-Login via FTP to your wp-content/plugins/ folder.
-Delete all WPML folders.
-Go to http://wpml.org/my-account/downloads/ and download the latest WPML Multilingual CMS Plugin, then extract it.
-Upload the plugin via FTP to wp-content/plugins/ folder.
(alternatively you could upload the .zip folder using Dashboard > Plugins > new > upload)
-Activate the WPML plugin via WP Dashboard > plugins.
-Complete the setup, if needed.
-Register WPML for your site (at the end of setup, click on “generate key” button).
-Navigate to Dashboard > Plugins and locate WPML Multilingual CMS.
-Click on the blue link that says “Registered”.
-Download and activate all needed WPML AddOn Plugins.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

February 4, 2019 at 2:55 pm #3158205

emmanuelN-8

But if I do this I will loose all the current translations, won't I?

February 4, 2019 at 4:08 pm #3158525

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

no, you won't. The translations are stored into the database, and you're not going to delete it. Othewise you'd lose your translation any time you update.

For good measure, that's why we suggest to do a backup before updating.

The topic ‘[Closed] Errors when trying to activate the plugins’ is closed to new replies.