This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 2:53 pm #4052453

fabioN-9

I am trying to: duplicate a blog page from English to Spanish, but somehow an error has occurred. Please take a look at the link below:
hidden link

And another weird stuff has been persisted, I can't update some wpml plugins, its like, I haven't purchased it... Take a look at the attached files, please.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: It's into the wp-admin.

I expected to see: The wmpl running properly.

Instead, I got:

June 19, 2019 at 10:43 pm #4055111

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Please download the latest versions of WPML Multilingual CMS 4.2.7.1 at https://wpml.org/downloads.

Deactivate and delete all WPML plugins. Do not worry, this process will not affect your translations and settings stored in the database.

Add WPML Mulitlingual CMS 4.2.7.1 again.

Then go to Plugins -> Install -> Commercial and download the add-ons. Also, select the "Enable After Download" button at the bottom of the plug-in selector.

If this will not solve the issue in regards to the updates please go to:

https://wpml.org/account/sites/

Now, delete the registered site URL and register it again. Then obtain the new site key and replace it with the key that you fond at:

Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial -> (Un)Register WPML

In case the error on you post editr still exists please proceed as followed:

Disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons.

If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Please let me know if the issue has been resolved.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 20, 2019 at 2:42 pm #4060725

fabioN-9

Hi Andreas,

I've followed your instructions and the error msg went away...But now, I've seen this msg(attached) and I'm not able to see the "translation management". Could you help me with that? Cheers!

June 20, 2019 at 4:49 pm #4061801

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The message indicates that you need to add the String Translation Plugin in order to translate Elementor.

Is the plugin currently installed? Go to Plugins -> Installed and verifz if String Translation is active.

If not go to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial and verify if String Translation is using the latest version. Simply click "Search for updates" and then mark the plugin and proceed with the update. Make sure to mark the checkbox in order to activate the plugin.

I hope this will solve the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 24, 2019 at 10:06 am #4076179

fabioN-9

Hi Andreas,

the plugin isn't installed...

I've followed your directions to add new, it hasn't displayed... Take a look at attached file.

Regards,

June 24, 2019 at 6:25 pm #4079169

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am really sorry for the misunderstanding, but it seems you do not have a valid Multilingual CMS subscription, which is recommended in order to use Translation Management and String Translation.

Those plugins are sadly not availabel with the Mutlingual Blog subscription.

https://wpml.org/purchase/

Kind regards
Andreas

June 25, 2019 at 6:18 pm #4086665

fabioN-9

Hi Adreas,

thanks for the feedback... The weird point is: it was working before, suddenly it stops working.. you told me to update, and now the plugin(String Translation) is no longer available to my subscription.

I really can't get that.

June 25, 2019 at 6:25 pm #4086801

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

As far I can see you are subscribed to Multilingual Blog, and not to MUltilingual CMS is that correct?

See here for more details:
https://wpml.org/purchase/

Kind regards
Andreas

June 25, 2019 at 7:03 pm #4086901

fabioN-9

I don't know what a heck is going on... I've got two purchases to the same product on the same day...

Could you help me with that issue?

June 25, 2019 at 9:53 pm #4087315

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry about the inconvenience but the refund policy is only for 30 days since purchase date.

I can see that there are two purchases for Multilingual Blog. Please take note that Multilingual Blog does not include the String Translation and Translation Management Plugins.

More information here:
https://wpml.org/purchase/refunds-policy/

You got two options:

1) Cancel one subscription for Multilingual Blog before it get charge again on yearly base.

or

2) Cancel both subscriptions and purchase then Multilingual CMS in order to enjoy all the features of our plugin. You will not lose any content or settings. Simply register the URL for the new subscription and register WPML with the new registered site key from your wpml.org account.

Kind regards
Andreas