This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Benjamin 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
May 30, 2016 at 9:36 pm #893270

Benjamin

Hello, Im trying to translate the both buttons to German. But where can I find that strings from the plugin Essential Grid?

Thanks a lot.

May 31, 2016 at 9:34 am #893576

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!
I will take care of your ticket

Usually, you can find those string in WPML -> String Translation but before this, you need to scan the Essential Grid plugin in WPML -> Theme and plugins localization.

Please check also that you have the correct German language file in the wp-content/languages directory.

Please let me know if you need more details about this.

Thank you

May 31, 2016 at 1:41 pm #893841

Benjamin

Hello, thanks for the fast response. I already translated the string, see attached. But there are no changes in the front end. Why? Can you take a look? Sometimes WPML is weird 😉

Cheers

May 31, 2016 at 2:02 pm #893871

Vincenzo
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your test site to take a better look at the issue.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok for you.

*Important: Be sure to backup your site and database first before you proceed!
You can use a plugin for this if you like. You can use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

May 31, 2016 at 3:59 pm #893984

Vincenzo
Supporter

Hello,

I tried to translate those strings but I think there is some compatibility issue with the grid shortcode.

I will try to fix this in a local copy of your site.

I will update this ticket as soon as I have news.

Thanks for your patience

June 1, 2016 at 5:41 pm #894918

Vincenzo
Supporter

Sorry for the delay.

The best way to translate the "Sort By" string is to go to:
Dashboard -> Ess. Grid -> Rasenmaeher Product Grid (Masonry) (ID 6) -> Settings -> Nav Filter Sort and modify the "Sort By Text".

This means that when you will translate your homepage in another language, you will need to duplicate and translate this grid and then add its shortcode alias on that homepage.

Please let me know if you need further details

Thank you

June 2, 2016 at 9:08 am #895454

Benjamin

Hi,
ok, but I got the strings already in the list of string translation. That´s weird! They won´t be translated although they are modified in WPML?

Cheers

June 2, 2016 at 9:29 am #895506

Benjamin

The code is still correct, isn´t it?

$this->sort_by_text = __('Sort By ', EG_TEXTDOMAIN);
$this->search_text = __('Search...', EG_TEXTDOMAIN);

see navigation.class.php in essential grid plugin.
Cheers

June 3, 2016 at 8:44 am #896291

Vincenzo
Supporter

Hello,

Essential Grid is not listed as compatible with WPML:
- http://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

The way to translate it is similar to this one:
- https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

It is not safe to use variables, constants or functions in gettext calls. Read "Internationalization: You’re probably doing it wrong" for a detailed explanation.
- hidden link

June 3, 2016 at 1:09 pm #896927

Benjamin

Ok, if it´s not compatible, you are out 😉
I will duplicate the grid, otherwise it would be too simple!
Thanks
Cheers