This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
May 25, 2019 at 3:14 am #3888675

robertS-107

I have the theme G5 Beyot which has the plugin Essential Real Estate.

I am in the process of translating the website to French. The Essential Real Estate
plugin has Custom Fields of which I am able to translate the content but I need to
translate the name of the field too and I am no able to.

I am not sure if this is public or private but I setup an admin access to the website
if you need to access the backend.

May 25, 2019 at 5:04 pm #3889703

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please share me a couple of screenshots for a better understanding of the issue. Also I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 25, 2019 at 9:03 pm #3890077

robertS-107

A screenshot of the front end of the website shows the Additional Fields that I added and was able to translate using WPML (sections in Green) but the labels of each field is still in English (sections in Red) ... I hope this is well explained.

Thanks in advance !!

Frank Saragosa

May 27, 2019 at 9:59 am #3895575

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Frank,

Thank you for the updates. Please try the following steps after a site backup and make sure you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Increase *WP Memory Limit* to *256*(the minimum required memory limit for WPML is *128*). Please check the following links for more details

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

2) Increase the *MaxInputVars* of PHP settings to *5000* or more. Please check the following article for more details or contact your system admin/hosting provider for this purpose.

hidden link

3) Visit WPML>>String Translation
4) Click on the blue link at the bottom of the page: "Translate texts in admin screens »"
5) Look for an option "ere_options", then find & click on *additional_fields*(the sub options). Here you should find all the strings associated with Real Estate Options.
5) Check the checkbox for your strings of interest.
6) Click on the button "Apply"(at the bottom of the page)
7) Now, all your selected strings should appear in the String Translation panel and you can translate those strings

Please check the following documentation & attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 28, 2019 at 7:25 am #3903419

robertS-107

Bigul,

Thank you for the great response. I am almost there but not quite.

I followed your steps .. although I could have done it myself, I did not want to take a chance to make an error so I had the server company do steps one and two.

I followed the rest of your steps and like you said, I found the additional fields .. I tried your technique on the "SPRINKLERS" and "ZONING" additional fields to test.

They appeared on the strings translation like you said they would, I translated both and they did not appear translated on the back end nor the front end. The "SPRINKLERS" section even disappeared on the French side of the property. I created a Test Property for you to see that I am almost there but something is still not right ... I am so anxious to fix this issue. I am hoping you will figure out the last step to correct this.

May 29, 2019 at 1:09 am #3910713

robertS-107

So as requested, I added the theme to the Sandbox link you gave me. I singled out one property and translated just a few sections of it and added 3 Additional Fields.

English: hidden link
French: hidden link

Funny, the 3 Additional fields do not appear at all on the French side even though I have them translated.

At first I had only 2 Additional Fields and they did not show up on the French side ... so I decided to add one more. It actually showed up on the French side ... but the minute I made it translate in the String Translation section and translated it, it disappeared.

Hope this is enough to help you figure this issue out for me !!

thanks for all your efforts,

Frank

May 29, 2019 at 1:34 am #3910747
robertS-107

One last request .. this issue is also not working properly on my version and the sandbox version.

There is a Newsletter call to action above the footer which is set in the G5 Beyot Custom Footer .... I translated the one called Above Footer Mailchimp and when you preview it, it works but on the actual website, it always stays English on both languages ... by the way I am mainly talking about the text on the left side .. the Mailchimp Form, I know I have to download the WPML Mailchimp plugin to translate it, just in case you were wondering. Just the text on the left side is the real issue.

Thanks again !!

Frank

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-mailchimp-news-letter/

May 29, 2019 at 4:10 pm #3917269

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Frank,

Thank you for the updates. The issue is existing after the initial checks. So I have escalated the ticket to our compatibility team for further debugging. We will get back to you so as early as possible. Please wait.

Please note, I have opened a new ticket for the News letter issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 30, 2019 at 4:18 pm #3924639

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Frank,

For your kind updates, we are getting the expected result after the following steps. It is a compatibility issue. Please try it after a site backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Delete the previously added Real Estate Additional field strings from WPML>>String Translation
2) Go to *wp-content/plugins/essential-real-estate/public/templates/single-property* folder
3) Open *features.php* file for edit
4) Replace the line 205 with following code

From

<strong><?php echo esc_html($field['title']); ?></strong>

To

<strong><?php echo esc_html_e($field['title']); ?></strong>

5) Save the changes
6) Visit the Property Post in the frontend in French
7) The new Label strings will be registered in WPML>>String Translation. It will be registered under *default* string domain
8) Translate newly registered strings. It will be showing translation.

Please check the attached images for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 31, 2019 at 1:26 am #3926973

robertS-107

Hello,

Thank you for the steps you included along with the screenshots but I did exactly what you instructed on the live website and nothing happens like your example.

I tried it on the sandbox and I seemed to have a few Additional Fields work but it was totally a hit and miss and random, there was no technique that I followed step by step that worked every time.

I even put them on my two screens side by side and they didn't react the same ... but regardless, they both are not solid in getting me the solution to this problem.

It is not your fault, in fact you guys have tried your best so far but between the theme provider and WPML, it has been almost 2 weeks and I cannot resolve this issue. I have fallen way behind on my work because of it ... again not your fault.

Can I ask a big favor please ... my live website has been backed up and no property is exact, they are all dummy properties for now, I will only start entering the real properties once this important issue is resolved.

Can you simply pick this property below on the live website and add any Additional Field
to it just so I get a step by step that is not random but will work every time.

English: hidden link
French: hidden link

Like I said, I modified the features.php file on the live website to match what you did on the sandbox version.

I just want a working template.

By the way, just so you know, I spent over two and a half hours trying all types of variations of your technique, I even tried to match the plugins that were activated on both to match and nothing. I really would have avoided bothering support if I could do it myself but this is beyond my capabilities.

thanks for all your help so far,

Frank

May 31, 2019 at 4:36 pm #3932093

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Frank,

Thank you for the feedback. I can reproduce the issue on your site. But it works fine for me in the test site. Please check the following Property URLs.

hidden link

hidden link

So I have a request. Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 31, 2019 at 5:15 pm #3932383

robertS-107

Bigul,

Yes, please go ahead, do what is necessary to resolve this issue .. I would be really be grateful if you recreate what you did in the test site.

thanks,

Frank

May 31, 2019 at 6:45 pm #3932705

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Frank,

Thank for your permission. I made a Duplicator copy of your site. Will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 3, 2019 at 9:15 am #3940707

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Frank,

For your kind updates, the issue is existing on my local copy also after the initial checks. Therefore I forwarded the details to our compatibility team for further debugging.

We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 7, 2019 at 12:17 am #3972549

robertS-107

Bigul, I have not received any update on this thread since Monday .. all I received was an email offering me a video on Custom Fields at a discount price if I wished.

Can you please get an update for me ? This is the most important part of the website for me to translate and now I am really falling behind.

thanks,
Frank