This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When translating et_pb_fullwidth_header (Divi full-width slider) elements such as title, button_one_text and button_one_url, it does not show the translated version. Everything else works.

Solution: The issue was solved by re-creating the page

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 days, 18 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
October 9, 2019 at 2:58 pm #4723893

group

I am trying to: When translating et_pb_fullwidth_header (Divi full-width slider) elements such as title, button_one_text and button_one_url, it does not show the translated version. Everything else works.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Page under development.

I expected to see: The translated string

Instead, I got: The original string

October 10, 2019 at 11:33 am #4729805

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- Could you provide access to the site? Or if I create a test site, could you install Divi and reproduce the issue so I can take a closer look at it and have a better understading?

2.- Please provide the debug information of the site. In this link you will find the steps to follow: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards,
Carlos

October 10, 2019 at 11:46 am #4729869

group

Hi,

Thank you for replying. The site is hosted locally, but I can reproduce the steps.

To clarify: I can translate the strings in the translation manager (WPML), but they are not shown in the translated version. The rest of the translated strings show correctly.

October 10, 2019 at 3:12 pm #4732169

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

In this case I created a test site with a fresh new WordPress install and the WPML plugins installed and setup. Please access the site using this link: hidden link and install the necessary plugins and try to reproduce the issue.

Could you tell me the results of the steps above?

Regards,
Carlos

October 11, 2019 at 5:56 am #4735735

group

I tried reproducing, but it did work as expected this time. That makes me wonder if we have a plugin or something messing with it.

October 11, 2019 at 10:15 am #4737223

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

In this case the first step is to confirm that the right steps to translate the elements are been followed by comparing it with the official documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/

As a workaround you can always 'Duplicate' the page in the secondary language and then manually edit it.

But, if we are facing a compatibility issue then this are the steps to follow:
- Create a full backup of the site.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Deactivate all plugins except WPML ones.
- If the issue disappeared then start activating the plugins one by one until the issue re-appears.

Could you tell me the results of the steps above?

Regards,
Carlos

October 12, 2019 at 7:21 am #4742367

group

I resolved the issue by deleting and restoring the translated page.

October 14, 2019 at 9:25 am #4748459

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos