This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by alexanderR-24 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Luis Sacristán.

Author Posts
March 28, 2017 at 12:45 pm #1241355

rH-3

I am trying to: have different instances/languages of EU cookie law notice on different language pages

URL of (my) website where problem appears: It's more that it does not appear 🙂
hidden link

I expected to see: the cookie notice in Dutch

Instead, I got: it's in English

Steps to duplicate the issue: go to url above.

I have used 'string translation' and created translations for the plugin.
This is the only aspect of the page translated by WPML
The rest is manually translated by the website client.

Thanks for your help on this.

Rich.

March 29, 2017 at 9:06 am #1242112

Luis Sacristán
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Rich

Thanks for consulting WPML Support
I will be happy to help you with your ticket

I have installed and tested EU Cookie Law locally and it works OK, it shows me the message in English and in Spanish as well.

You said that you translated the Cookie messages: [peadig_eucookie]barmessage, [peadig_eucookie]barlink, ... Did you change the original texts after translate them?

If you don't see the cookie message in Dutch could be because you closed the message in the other language and both messages use the same cookie euCookie, delete this cookie and try to test again.

Please, let me know if it works

Regards
Luis

March 29, 2017 at 10:08 am #1242196

rH-3

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your reply.

~

You said that you translated the Cookie messages: [peadig_eucookie]barmessage, [peadig_eucookie]barlink, ... Did you change the original texts after translate them?

No teh original text remains.

~

If you don't see the cookie message in Dutch could be because you closed the message in the other language and both messages use the same cookie euCookie, delete this cookie and try to test again.

No this still happens with fresh cookies.

~

I have resolved this by using 'WF Cookie Consent' which works fine immediately without trouble.

However, I have a problem with my content missing in my 'pages' page.
I'll search around here and if needed raise another ticket for that.

Thanks again,
Rich.

May 9, 2018 at 12:16 pm #2051998

Boris

Hi Rich,
I was having the same problem. "WF Cookie Consent" plug-in works like a charm though, thank you for the tip!

July 25, 2019 at 6:38 pm #4285593

alexanderR-24

I have the same problem but I don't like the WF Cookie Consent plugin. Could it be that there is a problem with newer versions of the eu-cookie-law plugin and wpml?

I have managed to get all strings and translate them but as visitor I always get the same english message.